This role is part of Accenture's Managed Security Services Practice (under the Technology-Security Services group) and is responsible for the monitoring and close handling of these activities within the SOC for clients.
- Monitor and analyze log data, network traffic and/or alerts generated by a variety of security technologies in real-time; escalate and explain validated security incidents to customers.
- Investigate attacks against customer networks.
- Write up security incident reports detailing the threat, its characteristics, and possible remediation activities.
- Research new threats and ensure appropriate detection capabilities are in place to identify and respond to these threats.
- Routinely review security incidents and other customer deliverables for adherence to the established procedures and guidelines. Document, rectify, and provide feedback to other analysts as necessary.
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of the security incident detection and classification service.
- Ensure standards and procedures are adhered to within defined SLA’s.
- Articulate security issues to customers, both verbally and written.
- Referring difficult or complex issues to more experienced staff.
- Understanding of current vulnerabilities, attacks and countermeasures.
- Developing knowledge of key security technologies.
- Developing knowledge of cyber-attacks and vulnerabilities.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Manage and track customer issues and requests.
- Whilst there is no Shift Work per se, this role fits within a 24x7x365 “follow the sun” team to deliver monitoring services and support across multiple customers.
- Support other teams as needed.
In order to be successful at this role you must have experience in most of the following:
- 2+ years of experience working as a SOC Engineer in a SOC environment
- Experience in an operational environment, with customer-facing responsibilities.
- Previous experience in an information/cyber security role – ideally focused on intrusion detection/security monitoring and analysis.
- Passion for cyber security, learning, and knowledge sharing.
- A strong understanding of the cyber security threat landscape, including detailed technical knowledge about the most prevalent vulnerabilities, threats, attack methods, and infection vectors.
- A strong foundation in computer networking, including a detailed understanding of TCP/IP and other core Internet protocols.
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills with the ability to be dynamic and adapt in order to solve complex technical issues with customers and partners.
- The ability to communicate clearly at all levels, demonstrating strong verbal and written communication skills
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.