Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Legal and Commercial Services professionals deliver and coordinate legal, contract and commercial advice and counsel in support of Accenture's or our clients' business, working to manage and mitigate risk and ensure ethical behavior and compliance with laws and company policies.
Reviews, drafts and negotiates a large number of client transactions of various levels of complexity within a corporate environment. Advises company leadership on legal risks associated with transactions.
- Oversee, counsel, guide, train and support junior contracting professionals.
- Stay abreast of contracting developments affecting the company, its clients, and industries and synthesize the information to incorporate it into company’s contracting practices
- Educate company executives in regard to contracting and risk management issues
- Represent the company’s interests and interface directly with client negotiating teams
- Strategize with company executives prior to client negotiations
- Structure client transactions to be most advantageous from a contracting and business perspective
- Advise, and consult company executives based on accurate interpretation of contract documents and the facts of a business opportunity
- Develop internal guidelines, toolkits, and packaged knowledge on various contracting and business issues
- Develop subject matter expertise in one of more areas that benefit Contracting and/or our business
- Support, promote and implement Legal Group initiatives
Bachelors degree in law required; advanced degree in law, business or contract management preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years PQE including a minimum of 3 years of contracting experience in an appropriate fast-paced corporate environment is essential. Experience in negotiating technology or outsourcing agreements, including consulting, systems integration, software licensing, SaaS or business process outsourcing agreements is preferred.
- Proven ability to efficiently manage a large volume of transactions
- Experience negotiating Intellectual Property issues
- Travel may be required
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Independently manage drafting transactional documents and correspondence
- Understand basic principles of Finance, Accounting, Marketing, and Management
- Basic understanding of Intellectual Property issues as they apply to consulting, systems integration, and outsourcing transactions
- Able to present alternatives and proposed solutions
- Responsive and follows through on commitments
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Ability to apply judgment to broaden influence
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office suite of products
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
Microsoft - Technology Consulting - Senior Manager - Southwest
USA MD - Greenbelt
Federal - SOC / Security Engineering Deputy Lead
Property & Casualty Insurance Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.