Job Location: Sydney
Regional Description: Australia
Job Number: 00694956 00694956_en
Bring your big ideas and marketing expertise to Accenture and you may find that your career catapults to places you never imagined. As a leader in management consulting, technology and outsourcing services, our teams work closely with clients to improve the way the world works and lives. Whether you work directly with clients or manage important internal initiatives and efforts, you’ll find amazing opportunities to make a measurable difference.
Corporate Functions – Marketing & Communications
As part of this team, you’ll play a key role in helping Accenture execute its strategy. You’ll work with a diverse team of innovative marketing experts who focus on the following areas: global brand management and advertising; global events and sponsorships; internal communications; marketing research; media and industry analyst relations; corporate and financial communications; internet marketing; recruitment marketing; client-centric marketing; and industry, service line and geographic marketing campaigns.
YOUR ROLE: Media Relations Lead, Australia and New Zealand
We are looking for a strategic thinker who will focus on generating Tier One media coverage and positioning in support of Accenture’s business objectives across Australia and New Zealand. The highly skilled professional will work closely with the marketing lead to ensure a holistic, integrated marketing message aligned to business needs to maximise consideration and preference for Accenture services. This person will report to the Growth Markets Media Relations lead.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
Develop, manage and execute an integrated, aligned and end-to-end communication strategy that builds a positive market image for the Accenture brand, increasing our share of voice in the market.
· Facilitate formal media training for key Accenture executive spokespeople.
Collaborate with social media teams across the company to promote targeted content.
· Build and maintain strong relationships with journalists in Tier 1 publications.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
· Bachelor's degree or other four-year university degree
· Minimum of 10-12 years' experience in media relations/corporate communications (corporate or agency experience preferred)
· Minimum of 10-12 years' experience analyzing, disseminating and communication complex information and developing clear "media-ready" messages
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
· Excellent written and oral communications skills. Superior writing capabilities are essential.
· Proven ability to quickly and concisely draft a wide range of clear, concise and high-quality media materials including news releases, media Q&As, media pitch letters, bylined articles, op-eds, etc.
· Detailed knowledge of media relations process in general and Accenture’s media relations policies, including public disclosure requirements and restrictions.
· Social media (blogs, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+) familiarity and skills required
· Broad understanding and skills in strategic marketing and communications, especially in area of specialization or crossing more than one industry or country.
· Strong issues management skills.
· Ability to interact and work closely with media contacts representing clients, alliance partners, third-party organizations, vendors, and others.
· Broad overall business acumen and knowledge of Accenture’s areas of business.
· Strong project management skills.
· Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
· Passion for executing deliverables and programs that are of the highest quality, fully support Accenture’s business strategy and are in line with or exceed leadership expectations.
· Strong negotiation and conflict-management skills to resolve complex or disputed issues.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 459,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.