Your career in Accenture Financial Services
Financial Services – Management Consulting Senior Manager - Insurance
Do you want to improve the future of the global financial services industry?
Join us to help solve their greatest challenges
As part of our Financial Services team, you will work with key industry players across banking, capital markets and insurance around the world. As an experienced financial services professional, your market-leading industry, management and technology expertise will provide critical solutions that answer unparalleled strategic, operational, technology and sourcing demands. And, in doing so, you'll improve the future of the global financial services industry.
Accenture Financial Services
Our Financial Services Group brings together people with first-class consultancy skills and specialist industry expertise. This group helps banking, capital markets and insurance clients with their operational, technology, customer relationship and risk objectives so they can meet the challenges of an ever-changing marketplace. To join us here you’ll need the sharp thinking to solve complex business problems and provide deep industry insight and technology know-how on a global scale. The scope of the role, exposure to clients and cutting-edge technologies will provide an ideal platform to develop your consulting career
About the role:
Working as a consulting Senior Manager, you will leverage your insurance industry expertise helping clients discover, design and ultimately deploy world-class business and technology solutions. You will be expected to bring and develop your own perspective into a leading personal brand and expertise.
Each Accenture consulting Senior Manager knows how to deliver value now and owns the perspective of what will shape the future of their domain. A Senior Manager’s consulting domain is defined by the unique combination of that person’s insurance industry and management or technology consulting knowledge. Today, our senior managers lead the end to end digitisation of insurance services, the design of high productivity new business architectures and business and technology transformation programs for local and global clients.
As a part of Accenture’s insurance industry consulting practice you will be at the core of our insurance clients engagements. Often in concert with Accenture’s other specialised practices, you will deliver tangible outcomes. Like everyone in our practice, you will measure your success by the lasting improvements our clients have achieved
Individuals will have experience of working within an insurance environment with a broad understanding of the issues faced by insurers and a specialisation in at least one insurance domain such as digital insurance, core insurance processes such as claims or underwriting, insurance application architectures and technologies, or insurance businesses such as Life or General Insurance.
We are seeking candidates who can demonstrate their broad industry and domain specialised knowledge through their understanding of strategies, trends & challenges, market dynamics, industry architectures and frameworks, and supplier landscape.
Our expectations are that:
- Candidates should have gained their insurance industry knowledge either through consulting engagements with insurers or as part of an internal team working on a “change the insurer” agenda. A demonstrable focus on tangible outcomes over conceptual knowledge is a must have.
- Candidates are expected to master all core consulting skills such as structured problem solving, project management, design thinking and solution delivery lifecycle. We expect senior managers to have applied these skills across more than one of the key change lifecycle stages such as strategy, design, build and test, deployment or change management.
- Candidates need to thrive in a team environment. As an Accenture senior manager you will always work within a broader team and often lead your own team. You are expected to have led entire scrums or project streams combining client, technology partner and other specialised consulting resources. You are expected to have demonstrated an ability to develop resources within your team and coach a number of colleagues through their careers.
- As a senior manager, candidates are expected to lead from the front, operate independently and represent Accenture’s delivery commitment to the client. Typical candidates will have had roles such as design lead, business analysis lead, lead architect, chief product owner, delivery lead, scrum of scrums master, test lead, implementation lead etc.
- Candidates need well-developed analytical skills, ability to work with poorly defined problems, provide clarity to complex issues or situations and synthesise large amounts of information into salient points. We are seeking candidates with proven creative problem solving skills.
- Structured communication is crucial to the success of our senior managers. The ability to tell a story and present ideas and logic clearly and accurately, both written and verbally is important. We are seeking candidates with prior experience in negotiation, consultation and influencing skills.
- Candidates need to already have demonstrated an ability to work with senior stakeholders, engage with their personal and their organisation’s global network, and facilitate workshops. Candidates need to be able to demonstrate their professional presence in their current role.