Your career in Accenture Financial Services
Financial Services – Management Consulting Senior Manager - Insurance
Do you want to improve the future of the global financial services industry?
Join us to help solve their greatest challenges
As part of our Financial Services team, you will work with key industry players across banking, capital markets and insurance around the world. As an experienced financial services professional, your market-leading industry, management and technology expertise will provide critical solutions that answer unparalleled strategic, operational, technology and sourcing demands. And, in doing so, you'll improve the future of the global financial services industry.
Accenture Financial Services
Our Financial Services Group brings together people with first-class consultancy skills and specialist industry expertise. This group helps banking, capital markets and insurance clients with their operational, technology, customer relationship and risk objectives so they can meet the challenges of an ever-changing marketplace. To join us here you’ll need the sharp thinking to solve complex business problems and provide deep industry insight and technology know-how on a global scale. The scope of the role, exposure to clients and cutting-edge technologies will provide an ideal platform to develop your consulting career
About the role:
- Candidates should have gained their insurance industry knowledge either through consulting engagements with insurers or as part of an internal team working on a “change the insurer” agenda. A demonstrable focus on tangible outcomes over conceptual knowledge is a must have.
- Candidates are expected to master all core consulting skills such as structured problem solving, project management, design thinking and solution delivery lifecycle. We expect senior managers to have applied these skills across more than one of the key change lifecycle stages such as strategy, design, build and test, deployment or change management.
- Candidates need to thrive in a team environment. As an Accenture senior manager you will always work within a broader team and often lead your own team. You are expected to have led entire scrums or project streams combining client, technology partner and other specialised consulting resources. You are expected to have demonstrated an ability to develop resources within your team and coach a number of colleagues through their careers.
- As a senior manager, candidates are expected to lead from the front, operate independently and represent Accenture’s delivery commitment to the client. Typical candidates will have had roles such as design lead, business analysis lead, lead architect, chief product owner, delivery lead, scrum of scrums master, test lead, implementation lead etc.
- Candidates need well-developed analytical skills, ability to work with poorly defined problems, provide clarity to complex issues or situations and synthesise large amounts of information into salient points. We are seeking candidates with proven creative problem solving skills.
- Structured communication is crucial to the success of our senior managers. The ability to tell a story and present ideas and logic clearly and accurately, both written and verbally is important. We are seeking candidates with prior experience in negotiation, consultation and influencing skills.
- Candidates need to already have demonstrated an ability to work with senior stakeholders, engage with their personal and their organisation’s global network, and facilitate workshops. Candidates need to be able to demonstrate their professional presence in their current role.
- 8+ years Financial Services experience required. Having contributed to the development of a new insurance domain or the publication of insurance thought leadership will be well regarded.
- Excellent graduate degree results (or international equivalent) required. Post graduate degree preferred.
- 5+ years in consulting roles or consulting-like roles (such as internal consulting roles) is required.
- Australian insurance experience preferred.
- Experience and certifications in design thinking or agile ways of working will be seen as a differentiator.
At Accenture, we can help you build the career you dream of. Our success relies on ensuring our people enjoy the inspiring challenges, exceptional experience and flexibility they need to succeed at every stage of their career.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 459,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
USA CA - San Francisco
IT Business Analyst
USA CA - San Francisco
Accenture DayNine - Workday Certified Absence/Time Tracking Manager
Business & Technology Integration
USA GA - Atlanta
Accenture DayNine- Workday Certified Delivery Lead Senior Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.