To advance digital transformation, Epson needed not only to provide the digital connections but also rethink their business model.
To drive their efforts in this transformation, Epson is moving forward with the concept of “Epson as a service”—a strategy that involves connecting with customers via devices and offering solutions on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinating and analyzing data to provide effective, efficient customer solutions
- Leveraging intelligence and insights to resolve some of the current social challenges
- Transforming to a service-oriented business model, so customers are no longer need to manage consumables purchases, such as ink, supplies, and maintenance
- Launching Epson ReadyPrint to connect customers’ devices to Epson for flat-rate or pay-as-you-go subscription-based printing services
- Offering Epson Connect, a cloud service that allows customers to print and scan remotely
Applying this “as a service” model, Epson is actively demonstrating their commitment to transforming from a traditional hardware supplier to a provider of service-minded solutions.