Organization: Corporate Functions/Workplace
Responsibilities include the following
- Under supervision, complete a wide range of Workplace Solutions customer services activities such as workspace set-up, A/V support, reception, floor operations support, space utilization management or other location services.
- May set up, maintain and/or provide support for workspace/meeting rooms including catering and audio/visual equipment.
- May provide audio-visual support/troubleshooting prior to and during meetings and events as needed.
- May stock and maintain appearance of general use areas (e.g., copy room, coffee/vending area, etc.).
- May provide basic technical support for standard office equipment (e.g., copiers and printers).
- May provide support related to on-site catering.
- May greet/direct employees and visitors, issue visitor access cards, answer general inquires, assist in resolving issues/concerns or direct them to the appropriate resource.
- May assist with customer retrieval, return and/or destruction of documents, according to archival guidelines.
- May act as a point of contact for external providers (e.g., cleaning contractors).
- May contribute to the preparation of daily, weekly, and monthly reports.
- May perform administrative duties according to location guidelines.
- May carry out instructions for security, fire, health and safety and maintain records.
High School Diploma/GED
Minimum of 2 Years hospitality or customer service experience
- Associates Degree or Higher
- Experience independently completing a wide range of Workplace Solutions customer services activities such as workspace set-up, A/V support, floor operations support, space utilization management or other location services
- Ability to manage relationships with internal leadership
- Excellent customer service skills
- Willingness and aptitude to learn new skills
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.