Paths to sustainable growth
COVID-19 has had a profound impact on most industry sectors. The World Economic Forum, in collaboration with Accenture, is convening business leaders in seven Industry Action Groups covering 10 industry sectors to chart a path to recovery and sustainable growth.
View our insights by Industry Action Group
Banking and capital markets
The pandemic has set the stage for a looming credit crisis. Capital markets has an opportunity to help economies and also re-invent itself.
Media, entertainment and sports
The World Economic Forum and Accenture recently published a series of papers examining the changes across the media and platforms ecosystem.
Read the series from The World Economic Forum:
- What can China tell us about the future of social commerce and content?
- The Future of Media: A New Framework for Valuing Content
- Building Back Better: An Action Plan for the Media, Entertainment and Culture Industry
- Media and entertainment in flux: it's time for the close-up
- The Media, Entertainment and Culture Industry’s Response and Role in a Society in Crisis
- COVID-19 has upended the media industry. This is how it can come back stronger
Oil and gas
Accenture supported the World Economic Forum’s Electricity Industry Action group in creation of the System Value framework, which more holistically evaluates economic, environmental, social and technical outcomes of potential energy solutions. The framework can be used to support a diverse range of activities including investment decisions, policy decisions, as well as public-private dialogues between business, regulators and policy makers on solutions to accelerate economic growth and a clean energy transition.
Mining and metals
Find out why the aluminium sector must accelerate action to meet global decarbonization goals.