To deploy ServiceNow, our global IT organization team needed to migrate Accenture’s legacy ITSM tools to the new platform. The team executed a global consolidation of ITSM applications and processes to ServiceNow as our single system of action. The scope included incident, problem, change, release, service request and configuration management and resulted in the decommissioning of six legacy applications used by Accenture’s 8,000-plus technology service personnel.
Additionally, we created a central IT request and self-service portal, named internally as Accenture Support, across geographies, establishing ServiceNow as Accenture’s strategic platform for digital enterprise service delivery.
As our team addressed Accenture’s IT service modernization needs, we increasingly learned more about the power of the ServiceNow platform and executed against an expanded strategy. Our team identified additional ways ServiceNow could bring value by streamlining and digitizing enterprise-wide service management activities.
We looked at incremental functionalities—such as employee relations case management, financial and master data requests and automated fulfillment, background check management, and payroll and benefit services—and implemented them on the platform. Less than a year after our ITSM pilot on ServiceNow, we had broadened the platform’s footprint to include management of select HR, Finance, Legal and Facilities services.
Fast forward to 2021. With more than 1,200 enterprise services on a single platform, we leverage a cross-organizational governance model to support ServiceNow platform strategy and define and drive priorities. Accenture continues to find more ways harness the platform’s power across the company.
- We are unifying end-to-end life cycle management of 4.1 million hardware, software and workplace assets, from purchase to retirement, via a ServiceNow solution integrated with enterprise procurement and ERP systems.
- We improve IT operations and management by discovering servers, networks and platform configuration items dynamically and tapping into event management to gain operational insights into application and service health.
- We leverage ServiceNow’s machine learning to auto-assign incidents to fulfillers, resulting in 50 percent reduction in incident handling time.
- We empower internal client teams with a self-service automated billing solution to generate and validate documents with the click of a button, reducing time by 99 percent while also improving accuracy.
- We support Accenture’s sustainability efforts, with our Enterprise Asset Management solution that aids in tracking workplace assets related to furniture moves within an office or between different office locations and managing the refurbishment and recycling of furniture.
- We built an India vaccine management solution in a matter of days, powered by the ServiceNow Now platform, and made it available to over 250,000 employees and contractors.
Employee experience enhancement
We are even extending ServiceNow to enhance the employee experience. We’re doing so by using design thinking to visualize integrated experiences and “consumerize” services.
- Accenture Support. We established Accenture Support to centralize enterprise-wide request management on a single service portal, making it the entry point for all employees’, contractors’ and alumni service needs. This eliminates the guessing game of which site to visit for help and allows Accenture people to request and process service requests anytime, anywhere through their computer, mobile device or tablet.
- Benefits services. We scaled and enriched our service portal capabilities by packaging disparate, cross-organizational processes—all which employees require at various points in their career—and presented them to the employee as seamless and intuitive services, regardless of system of record., we architected a first-class leave of absence (LOA) approach through Accenture Support—which helps individuals understand their options, design and submit their leave real-time, see an end-to-end view of all actions throughout their leave process—and provides LOA advocates to take care of Accenture logistics before returning to work.
- International travel. Our global IT team also created a one-stop-shop for managing and uncomplicating international travel, with immigration and tax implications, through our People Mobility Gateway on Accenture Support. It reimagines the experience for Accenture’s international travelers—who raise more than 4,000 new requests monthly—by aggregating policies, approvals, travel choice and reservations in one destination.
Other integrated employee experiences. We continue to look at integrating other employee experiences, such as device replacement, to smoothly connect end-to-end activities. Looking through a new lens is producing innovative results and inviting IT to lead the disruption in the enterprise by inspiring and inventing new approaches. In addition, we are bringing more ServiceNow experiences to common digital worker destinations, like Microsoft Teams.