Business Development Consultant/Sales Support Consultant
Role: Business Development Consultant / Sales Support Consultant
Career level: 9
Salary: up to £56,000 (dependent on experience)
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
As a Business Development Consultant / Sales Support Consultant you will support Accenture Operations to expand its footprint and client exposure to our Managed Services capabilities across Health & Public Service. Some of the key activities of this role will include:
- Market research – to help identify industry challenges and client demand
- Build and maintain account matrixes of target clients to map potential users of resource augmentation / managed services
- Working with our client account groups and teams to contact new and existing clients to make them aware of Accenture’s services, booking client meetings and arranging meeting content
- Support leadership in the creation of proposals, client materials and wider sales cycle activities to close opportunities identified .
We are looking for the following skills:
- Confident communication skills, both written and verbal
- Previous experience gained within an outbound sales role, with sales, opportunity qualification and closing skills
- Ideally experience of selling to UK government departments
- Self-starter and proactive mindset
- Willingness to learn and can adapt to new ways of working effectively
- Excel, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft apps proficiency
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 674,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.