Service Delivery – Commercial Management Specialist
Career Level 9
Salary - up to £46,000 depending on experience
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
To ensure proactive supplier management of the assigned service line(s) to deliver demonstrable value and meet Accenture’s key objectives of improved cost, quality and service delivery for internal customers.
Reporting into the Supplier Management Lead, the Service Owner will be responsible for managing the relationship with the Service Providers of the following soft Facilities Services:
- M&E and Fabric Maintenance
- Catering and Vending
- Customer Services
- Plants and Flowers
Success in the role will be measured by the demonstrable value added in delivering these requirements:
- Accountability for value for money, high quality service delivery
- Customer satisfaction
- High degree of budget control
- Strategic alignment with AWS objectives
- Tangible continuous performance improvement and Innovation
- Services which are continuously aligned with Customer requirement
Consistently high standards of service delivery are expected and the Service Owner will need to build an effective high performing portfolio of Service Providers and strong relationships with key Clients and the wider AWS group in order to achieve this.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Timely and effective resolution of issues surrounding areas of service delivery, customer satisfaction, policy, procedures etc
- Ensure departmental alignment with AWS vision and objectives in service delivery
- Proactive involvement with AWS projects and initiatives impacting service delivery (e.g. Service Management Framework)
- Maintain general knowledge of Accenture’s business, how it is changing and the effects on teams locally and globally. Ensure this knowledge is applied in the successful management of service delivery
- Maintain an active risk register for assigned service lines and ensure risk prevention plans are in place
- Ensure that Accenture remains aware of and where necessary compliant with legislative changes within service areas owned.
- Create controlled departmental processes and oversee regular reviews to ensure opportunities for improvement are applied and that they remain up to date, efficient, effective and relevant to the customer service offering. Ensure stakeholders remain aware of processes and procedures.
- Ensure Health and Safety audits are conducted by Suppliers and ensure that Accenture people are not impacted by actions or omissions of Supplier organisations.
- Develop the services owned to provide best in class service provision meeting customer needs for quality cost and effectiveness.
- Manage the specification, tender and mobilisation process for the delivery of assigned services to new sites. Optimise service knowledge to bring about Client value.
- Take work from rather than generate work for the Supplier Management Associate Manager.
Documentation/ Management Reporting
- Provide input for Service Delivery Review meetings with the Service Delivery Associate Manager and Office Operations Lead, highlighting key initiatives, the latest status updates, achievements, challenges, trends and exceptional issues associated with service delivery from a customer and business perspective
- Compare and benchmark Supplier performance across the portfolio and with wider industry to report on and implement opportunities for improvement
- Optimise Supplier expertise and resources to provide quality, innovation and efficiency
- Ensure the service contract and any procurement activity are managed in compliance with agreed procedure
- Apply the procedures and activities relating to the team’s Quality Management System in managing Suppliers and complete quality auditing as scheduled
- Manage the Supplier performance for service lines owned to ensure Accenture receive best value from the Supplier and ensure that service delivery meets contracted SLA’s with reported evidence.
- Ensure that measured KPI’s are completed monthly and that KPI’s remain relevant, linked to strategy and encourage improvement.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement in the Supplier organisations through robust quality management systems
- Challenge Suppliers to demonstrate efficient management and provision of services
- Ensure appropriate skills are available in Supplier organisations to meet Accenture Business needs.
- Ensure monthly Operational Management Reviews are delivered on time by Suppliers and are productive
- Ensure quarterly and annual Strategic Management Reviews are delivered on time by Suppliers and focus on agreed strategic objectives
- Establish detailed budget requirements (up to £2m annual budget) and reforecast regularly to reflect changing need
- Establish spend control and monitor spend against budget, ensuring rate of spend and actual out turn are within 2% of budget forecast
- Prepare finance status and variance commentary for inclusion in monthly reporting
- Manage purchase order and invoice approval process for service related procurement
- Client liaison on areas of recharge to ensure the client has a full understanding of associated costs and processes
- Ensure compliance with Accenture’s procurement and payment policies
- Attend budgetary meetings (planning, reporting, etc.) as required
- Provide considered propositions for cost savings to Management
- Escalate key areas of risk to line management, as required, providing options and recommendations for mitigating action
- Develop negotiating and influencing skills to effectively communicate with Suppliers to improve service offerings and work with them to develop simple and easy to understand processes
- Participate in forums/groups in a proactive manner both within Accenture and external to the company to maintain and improve industry knowledge.
- Increase personal and team profile by offering to deliver ad hoc presentations of relevant information to other Accenture teams and departments
- Offer to share workload and planning for team objectives and events.
- Ensure there is effective communication across the team (community events, forums, written communications, team meetings etc)
- Develop effective relationships with key stakeholders, customers and clients to align and improve service delivery
- Establish a strong relationship with the Supplier Account Management Team in order to facilitate effective service delivery and meet Accenture’s objectives
- Establish good working relationship with Accenture UK/I Procurement Team to seek guidance, share information and define required actions as appropriate
- Build effective relationships with the Office Operations department in order to optimise opportunities for best practice in service delivery and analysis of customer satisfaction.
Health & Safety
Anticipates Business Opportunities
Initiative & Innovation
Responsibility & Ownership
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidy, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services — all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 674,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 05/05/2022
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.