Role: Utilities IT & Operational Technology Consulting Manager
Location: London or Manchester
Mobility: Up to 100%
Salary: £71,000 - £88,000
Career Level: Manager
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
We are a diverse team of driven individuals, sharing a common passion for driving the net zero agenda across our wide-ranging portfolio of clients. Our mission is to expedite the energy transition; reducing emissions whilst ensuring a stable and affordable energy supply enabling robust future economic development. From strategy development and delivering innovative new technologies through to enabling organisational and operational excellence, we are committed to a global sustainable future for our Clients.
Our team thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and boundaryless opportunities that drive each of our careers in new and exciting ways. Innovation is at the heart of our team and we bring cutting edge technology to our clients, helping them on our collective journey to a more sustainable future. From capital infrastructure projects building new energy generation plants through to energy retail, our team are at the forefront of utility excellence across the value chain.
As part of our team you will learn, grow, and advance in an innovative culture that embraces your individuality. You will be challenged and rewarded while surrounded by a highly passionate and supportive team. Together we thrive and together we will succeed in achieving net zero.
In our team you will learn:
- How to collaborate with our diverse utilities client base to work together to solve their most difficult problems
- Enabling truly innovative work on the back of emergent technologies to enable the energy transition
- The benefit of working across multiple geographic locations and workforces
- Through teaming with high calibre Accenture colleagues bringing a wealth of industry and functional experience
- By having access to our global knowledge and capability network
As an IT & OT Consulting Manager, you will:
- Work within our Client CIO organisations, understanding their problems and bringing your IT/OT expertise to help them identify how to maximise the value and returns from the evolving technology landscape
- Use your innovative problem-solving skills to share the right solutions for our clients
- Help our Clients identify the opportunities and benefits of using IT/OT technologies and how it can improve business operations
- Help our Clients identify how they build from known systems and platforms (e.g., Kraken, SAP, Maximo, Oracle) and enrich them with insight from the IT and OT data convergence
- Recommend and use the best in innovative technologies to answer our Clients questions
- Project manage and deliver complex programmes and support your teams to achieve shared successes
- Leverage your relationship and stakeholder management skills to collaboratively accomplish team objectives
- Communicate with excellence (written, conversational and presentation delivery)
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Relevant industry experience in the electricity, gas, water (distribution/transmission or retail) or nuclear markets
- Understanding of next generation technologies and/or digital platforms (e.g., Kraken, Kaluza, ENSEK, cloud platform software design/development/advisory experience)
- Experience in legacy IT systems (e.g., SAP, Maximo, Oracle) recognising the limitations and opportunities to embrace IT/OT
- IT/OT initiative identification, technology roadmap development, product selection, channel management, work management and other systems delivery
- Experience of working with technical & engineering stakeholders to drive operational excellence through the use of IT/OT
- Analytics driven insight development
- Leadership experience managing teams both from a project delivery and personal development perspective
- Programme management delivering high complexity projects on time and to Client satisfaction
- Strong consulting experience with excellent stakeholder engagement and communication skills
Set yourself apart:
- Ability to collaborate with excellence
- Mastery of creative and innovative thinking
- Proven history of successful complex programme delivery
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidy, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centres. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion, or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic, or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/12/2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.