Role: Health Industry Management Consulting Manager
Location: London, Manchester, Newcastle
Mobility: Up to 100%
Career Level: Manager
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
The Health Strategy & Consulting team are working at the centre of high-profile transformations within the UK Health and Care sector. Within the practice, you will work on innovative projects with colleagues and clients to drive excellence from strategy through to implementation, making changes that directly impact citizens. You will be using the latest technologies and methodologies with clients to help them achieve tangible outcomes and accelerate value. Do you want to work in an environment that is cutting-edge, collaborative and challenging, doing work that really matters?
You'll learn, grow and advance in a collaborative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways. At Accenture, you can truly take control of your own career.
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you.
In our team you will learn:
- How to develop and deliver solutions to real world problems, partnering with clients to achieve positive outcomes through collaboration
- How to maximise the use of data in everything you do, using this data to drive solutions and tell meaningful stories to our clients
- How to lead with user-centricity at the heart of our work
- To obsess about driving value for the client
As a Health Consulting Manager, you will:
- Work on projects across a range of Health sector clients, including NHS, arms lengths bodies, private health clients, research and regulatory and integrated care systems.
- Be the face of Accenture to the client in your engagements, working with senior stakeholders to advise, challenge and coach as needed
- Develop detailed understanding of your client’s business and drive issue-based discussions grounded in a clear understanding of client challenges and barriers.
- Cultivate trust-based client relationships
- Identify and address client business issues through root cause analysis and by applying pragmatic, results-driven problem-solving techniques and creative insights.
- Use a human-centred approach to solve problems, frame opportunities, and achieve innovation through collaboration and co-creation.
- Own streams of complex work that meets client expectations on delivering value-centric, data-driven outcomes
- Lead teams to deliver excellence to the client
- Be a people leader, creating an environment your people want to work in, and managing the day to day work of your team
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
The most important thing for us is that you display the right attitude. We would like you to actively contribute to our community and clients as a practitioner, think logically to tackle problems and engage others. We want you to be driven to develop yourself and others, an ability to see and articulate the bigger picture of how individual projects and deliverables create value for citizens and a passion for innovation and the latest technology trends. This role will require creative thinking, excellent client communication skills and the ability to identify new innovative ways to apply our skills and services to solve a wider set of client problems.
As well as the above, you should have experience/expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience in Project & Programme management methodologies and governance – including best practice industry techniques and frameworks (e.g. PRINCE/ MSP)
- Experience of delivering projects using Agile techniques and frameworks and the ability to lead Agile teams
- Ability to operate at all stages of a project/programme lifecycle, from proposal through to full programme delivery, and experience managing risks and working with senior client partners.
- Possess strong analytical, problem solving skills and be able to utilise continuous improvement techniques.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the capability to influence senior stakeholders
- Experience of working with Health & Care clients
- Experience driving new business in terms of strategy, relationships and identifying growth opportunities
Set yourself apart:
- Experience of working with Health and care clients, ideally including an in-depth understanding of the NHS landscape
- Experience in life sciences or in the research and regulatory field
- Experience with data science or data architecture
- Experience in owning and managing relationships with leadership (either with your clients or internal stakeholders)
- Trained in Agile methodologies, programme or project management techniques (e.g. Prince 2, Managing Successful Programmes) and/or a Design Thinking practitioner
- Experience of using data visualisation tools (e.g. Power BI, Qlik, etc)
- Exposure to a current technology (e.g. a Cloud platform, a CRM platform)
- PowerPoint and Excel skills
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance, a generous Shared Parental Leave policy, and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 30/09/2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
United Kingdom London
Posted 1 day ago
United Kingdom London
R00042301 Management Consulting Senior Manager NFR
Posted 1 day ago
United Kingdom London
R00045287 Risk NFR Consultant
Posted 1 day ago
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.