Role: Project Manager for Technology Delivery
Location: London, Manchester or Edinburgh
Career Level: (Accenture will be recruiting at the following levels: Level 8 – Associate Manager)
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
We are one of the world's leading System Integrators and a key supplier of Technical and Business Solutions to the UK Communications, Media, and Technology (CMT) sectors. You'll work on innovative projects with colleagues to drive collaboration from strategy through to implementation. You will be using the latest technologies with our CMT clients to help them achieve solutions to their business challenges/needs.
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
In our team you will learn:
- How to work with our global delivery network to manage innovative, complex, and large-scale technology projects
- How to implement large scale Business Transformations across the UK CMT sectors. Accenture provides end to end Business Transformations, not just technical solutions to point business challenges.
- How to provide solutions to real world problems facing our clients, working at the forefront of the most topical areas for the CMT sector: M&A, IoT, Cloud, Artificial Intelligence, Data & Analytics, Cyber and Blockchain.
As a Project Manager, you will:
- Drive forward the delivery of high-quality work on-time and on-budget
- Manage end to end technical delivery across the entire delivery lifecycle
- Provide functional and technical expertise to support design and implementation work
- Effectively manage all risk, assumptions, issues, and dependencies
- Work closely with our clients to ensure there are no gaps in their expectation and our delivery assumptions and plans
- Develop and manage end to end delivery plans
- Use a variety of delivery methodologies, including Scrum, Kanban and Waterfall
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Proven ability of successfully managing entire projects or phases of projects across the delivery lifecycle (design, build and test) along with effective management of the associated budgets
- Experience of using different delivery methodologies: Agile and Waterfall
- Understanding of Risk, Assumption, Issue and Dependency Management
- Strong communication skills with experience of working with clients and ideally delivery centres in different global locations
- Strong organisational skills managing multiple priorities simultaneously
- Experience of line managing resources and project managing a team of resources
Set yourself apart:
- Mastery of managing complex deliveries coordinating with more than one supplier with multiple dependencies and work plans
- Experience of working within one or more of the CMT sectors, if not then an interest to work with CMT clients and to build their knowledge
- Cloud/ industry certifications and credentials
- Demonstrates a strong Technical and Emotional Quotient
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services, we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
United Kingdom London
OMS Technology Consulting
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 1 day ago
SAP Pre-Sales Industry Solution Architect - HiTech
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 2 days ago
United Kingdom Birmingham
MuleSoft Integration and Platform Architect - Birmingham
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 5 days ago
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.