Google Cloud Security Architect
Salary: Competitive salary and package dependent on experience
Career Level: Consultant
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
To work on innovative projects with colleagues to drive collaboration from strategy through to implementation. You will be using the latest technologies with clients to help them get to the next level. Do you want to work in an environment where you'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives with shared success, innovative ways of thinking and enables boundary-less opportunities that will set you up for success, enable you to develop to your full potential, and drive your career in new and exciting ways.
If you’re looking for an ambitious career, working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you! As part of our global team, you'll be working with innovative technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
In our team you will learn:
How to provide cloud security solutions to real world problems across a variety of industries, whilst referencing past deliveries of end to end machine learning pipelines;
How to work with our wider Accenture business on large business driven, technology transformation programmes
As a Cloud Security Consultant:
- Support the delivery of Accenture's cloud security offering focused on the Google Cloud Platform, including security governance, strategy, risk assessments and management, data protection, cloud-based identity and access management, technology/provider-specific architecture and monitoring/analytics both for and in the cloud
- Design and build GCP cloud security architectures, ensuring security is a core part of the design and development of the clients’ cloud solutions
- Review our clients’ existing cloud security measures and processes, advise based on leading industry insights
- Ensure the appropriate tooling, automation and operational processes and models are in place to support our clients’ journey to cloud.
- Map security controls to compliance requirements for cloud environments
- Responsible for the detailed documentations of implementations, via documentation and run-books on GCP
- Demonstrate ability to contribute content to BD/ proposal efforts
- Ability to quickly ramp up on new cloud security technologies
- Lead the definition and articulation of security principles and standards to be adopted
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Crafting and designing top to bottom GCP cloud solutions with a focus on all aspects of security (Network, Infrastructure, Access, Cloud Services, Controls, and SecOps),
- Experience working with senior management (CISO, CIO, CTO, Architecture leads, Application teams, Cloud engineers, Ops and SecOps),
- Partake in efforts that craft the organization’s security policies and standards for use in the GCP cloud environment
- Spot and implement new security technologies and best standards into the company’s Cloud offerings.
- Advising in comparing facets of cloud, create low level designs, pricing and cost comparisons.
- Security themes such as SSL, SSO, SAML, AD and IAM,
- Familiarity with security at all levels such as physical, data at rest, data in transit, networks, firewalls, public key infrastructure and DDOS,
- Understands cloud specific security challenges, designs, solutions and tooling
- Knowledge of the regulatory landscape for public cloud and the implementation patterns required to be compliant
- Knowledge and experience of third-party landscape and public cloud services that can assist in providing robust security solutions,
- Understanding the value proposition of Cloud with the desire and dedication to become a ground-breaking leader,
- Comfortable working with both waterfall and agile methodologies and exposure across the full delivery lifecycle,
- GCP (and other cloud platform) Security certifications and understanding of current industry practices
Set yourself apart:
- Ability to build, lead and cultivate a team that are specialised in a specific cloud platform
- Demonstrate ability to lead and handle business development / proposal efforts
- Support business development activities such as sales origination, proposal writing, effort estimation, and client relationship development
- Ability to interpret relevance of security controls to relevant compliance with legal, best-practice, and regulatory requirements for cloud
- Ability to translate technical cloud security requirements into business terms for C-level Executive team members
- Engage with Senior account team members to identify requirements, drivers and context, to derive a gap and maturity assessment
- Conduct cloud security strategy, readiness and discovery assessments; be familiar with cloud security frameworks, compliance requirements and security operations
- Craft and develop security architectures for cloud and multi-cloud/hybrid based systems.
- Possess a firm understanding of the native offerings within Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google Cloud platforms.
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidy, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications: 31/10/2022
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
United Kingdom Glasgow
Security Consulting Manager (Digital Identity)
Posted 4 days ago
United Kingdom Glasgow
Google Cloud Security Consultant (Architect)
Posted 4 days ago
United Kingdom Glasgow
Security Consulting Manager (Health & Public Sector)
Posted 4 days ago
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.