Role: Energy and Reesources Security Manager
Career Level: Manager
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO.
As a team:
We are one of the world's leading providers of information security services. You'll work on innovative projects with colleagues to assist our clients in energy, utilities, mining and renewables in driving security strategy, security transformation and operational security services.
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways. Accenture works with our clients in their strategic business and technology security initiatives. Major strategic shifts are happening in the sectors in question, including a big drive towards carbon neutral, emergence of renewables and alternative energy sources and a much more integrated energy sector with SMART meter roll out and emergence of distributed energy and electric vehicles. This puts a large emphasis on OT security, which combined with large scale adoption of cloud architectures, are fundamentally changing the way our clients are approaching security. .
In our team you will learn:
• Accenture works with our clients with a strong focus on their long term strategic shifts. As part of the Resources security team, you’ll work with our industry focused teams in the client group, in technology and operations to help drive these shifts.
• Whereas the role requires strong capabilities across information security, a key driver of being successful in the role includes being able to evolve and apply these skills in our clients’ business context.
• You will learn to work in a collaborate manner across Accenture’s business to drive fundamental security transformations for the benefit of our clients.
As a Resources Security Manager, you will:
• Drive security strategy and transformation for our clients in the relevant sectors
• Help develop our security go to market in the relevant sectors
• Bring your security skills and expertise and Accenture innovation to industry driven security challenges
• Lead teams (client or Accenture) to enhance the cyber security capabilities of our clients
• Help drive our commercial business for Resources security
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
• A good working knowledge of information security domains
• Strong collaborative focus and a drive to learn about the evolving security capabilities of Accenture and our clients
• Working knowledge of one or more of the industry sectors (utilities, energy, mining and chemicals) will be a big plus. Additionally, a key interest in broadening your experience base towards other relevant industries and their particular security challenges
• Knowledge of relevant technologies, such as OT security and IoT.
• An understanding of relevant Frameworks, Directives and Regulations specific to CNI (i.e. NIST, ISO, NISD,etc)
• A strong understanding and/or foundation to understand the specific threats facing the industries
• A strong Programme Manager with experience of leading and managing complex security programmes.
Set yourself apart:
• You must be willing to own processes and be able to work independently. The teams are very collaborative, but we need individuals who (within their experience and capabilities) drives activities.
• An ability to drive strategic conversations around security with a strong focus on what information security is and should be in the sectors in question.
• A big appetite to learn (whether the ins- and outs of the specific industries as well as Accenture commercial processes and the business of security consulting)
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidy, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/03/2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.