Security Testing Engineer- (SC Eligible) Newcastle
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Salary: £25,000- £47,500 depending on experience
Career Level: (Accenture will be recruiting at the following levels: Analyst, Senior Analyst, Consultant)
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
We are one of the world's leading providers of technology. You'll work on innovative projects with colleagues to
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
In our team you will learn:
- How to provide test solutions to real world problems.
- To work as part of project teams utilising agile and/or waterfall principles.
- How to successfully collaborate with various stakeholders across specialisms.
As a Security Testing Engineer, you will:
- Prepare security test plans, collaborate with testing teams for test data, perform application security scans/test and manually validate the tool results
- Demonstrate experience of application security test tooling and technologies, employing industry standard best practices.
- Perform secure code reviews (Static Application security testing -SAST) using tools or manually where required.
- Perform Application Vulnerability Assessment (Dynamic Application security testing -DAST) using tools or manually where required.
- Liaise with DevOps Team to integrate security into DevOps pipeline.
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Used tooling such as Microfocus Source code Analyser or similar tools, Microfocus WebInspect or similar tools.
- Understanding of application security frameworks/standard such as OWASP
- Experience in API /Container security testing
- Knowledge of Vulnerability Management lifecycle.
- Defect Tooling such as JIRA, Bugzilla, HP ALM or QC
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)/ Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Experience in performing threat modelling/consume threat models to structure test plans
Set yourself apart:
· Ability to help transform leading organisations and communities around the world.
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidy, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Closing Date for Applications 04/12/2020
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory BPSS and SC security clearance which requires 5 years continuous UK address history at the point of application
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.