Security Testing Specialist- Multiple Locations
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, Edinburgh, Manchester
Salary: £25,000- £47,500 depending on experience
Career Level: (Accenture will be recruiting at the following levels: Analyst, Senior Analyst, Consultant)
(must be able to travel to client base in Newcastle upon Tyne)
Note: Due to the nature of client work you will be undertaking, you will need to be willing to go through a Security Clearance process as part of this role.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
We are one of the world's leading providers of technology. You'll work on innovative projects with colleagues to
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
In our team you will learn:
- How to provide test solutions to real world problems.
- To work as part of project teams utilising agile and/or waterfall principles.
- How to successfully collaborate with various stakeholders across specialisms.
As a Security Testing Specialist you will:
- Be able to think like an adversary
- Naturally be curious about how solutions are put together and take pride in building security in the overall solution
- Deliver and support programmes with security development processes, assurance and testing of solutions
- Apply Threat Modelling techniques to systems and solutions in order help identify negative use cases that could be exploited by an adversary
- Implement and support the integration of security in delivery lifecycle (bring knowledge of best practices)
- Prepare security test plans, collaborate with broader QA and testing teams, perform application security scans/test and manually validate the tool results
- Demonstrate experience of application security test tooling and technologies, employing industry standard best practices.
- Perform secure code reviews (Static Application security testing -SAST) using tools or manually where required.
- Deploy and perform Application Vulnerability Assessment (Dynamic Application security testing - DAST) using tools or manually where required.
- Have an opportunity to work on large scale agile delivery
- Liaise with DevOps Team to integrate security into DevOps pipeline.
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Security “white-hat” mindset and some interest technical security
- Interest in security bug hunting and identify issues in software products. Some knowledge of different forms of security testing (including Penetration Testing)
- Some experience of using security testing tooling such as Microfocus Source code Analyser or similar tools, Microfocus WebInspect or similar tools (including Open Source).
- Understanding of application security frameworks/standard such as OWASP
- Experience in API /Container security testing or a willingness to learn new technologies
- Knowledge of Vulnerability Management lifecycle and best practice frameworks
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)/ Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) preferred
- Experience in performing threat modelling/consume threat models to structure test plans
- Able to work with non-security teams to articulate cyber related issues
- Opportunity to work with leading cyber security team
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Closing Date for Applications 30/04/2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.