Job Location: London
Regional Description: United Kingdom
Job Number: 00696322 00696322_en
Role: Bid Management Lead
Location: London, UK
Salary: Up to £50,000 depending on experience.
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Join Corporate Functions and you will become part of a diverse team which offers the essential expertise that enables all of our employees to deliver high performance to our clients. Our Corporate Functions professionals work in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing and Communications, CIO, Information Security, and Geographic Services.
Whether you work directly with clients or manage important internal initiatives and efforts, you’ll find amazing opportunities to make a measurable difference.
The UK Sales Support Team (UK SST) is a UKI Exec sponsored initiative which aims to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our business development spend and improve the overall proposal management capability of the UK practice. The team achieves this objective by providing the Operating Groups (OGs) and Growth Platforms a wide range of high quality standardised service offerings from Credentials Harvesting to end-to-end Proposal Management, enabling the sales teams and subject matter experts more time to spend developing tailored and differentiated solutions and managing the relationships with their clients.
The UK SST provides a single point of contact for proposal support for all Operating Groups and Growth Platforms in the UK.
The Bid Management Lead will work with the UK and AEE Service Delivery Leads to identify, train, deploy and support those individual Senior Proposal Managers who are selected to be seconded into the Client Service Groups (CSGs) to provide bid management services. This individual will also be responsible for building awareness of bid management best practice within the UK SST.
What responsibilities will you have?
Reporting to the UK SST Lead, the Bid Management Lead is responsible for:
· Planning for and allocating deployed Senior Proposal Managers into the CSGs
· Promoting awareness and driving demand for UK SST bid management services
· Building and maintaining working relationships with key stakeholders within the sales community for bid management services
· Owning development and management of bid management assets and training
Acting as an SME for deals (or bids) that the UK SST is leading or supporting.
· Identifies opportunities and originates demand for bid management services.
· In collaboration with CSG, undertakes capacity planning and resource assignment for deployed individuals.
· In collaboration with CSG, manages work prioritization and utilization for deployed individuals.
· Leads the UK SST Bid Management Community of Practice.
· Acts as an SME for bids managed and / or supported by UK SST.
Provides insight and direction for provision of bid management support within UK SST.
· Selects Senior Proposal Manager candidates (UK-based) for deployment into nominated CSGs.
· Selects Senior Proposal Manager candidates (AEE GCP-based) for deployment into nominated CSGs.
· Defines and agrees joint priorities with sponsoring CSG for deployed individuals.
· Provides effective management of direct line reports to ensure optimum performance and team morale.
· Leads, motivates and supports deployed individuals to deliver high quality bid management services to CSGs.
· Sponsors and supports team wide activities and initiatives to drive high levels of team working and collaboration.
· Supports and enables the transition of those deployed individuals into the CSG Sales Career Model where agreed with the business and UK SST.
· Ensures that staff are performance-managed to a high standard, providing performance feedback in a timely manner, managing poor performance and completing formal performance management processes as required.
Ensures that all HR requirements are carried out on time and in full to meet company procedures.
· Engages with stakeholders to understand bid management priorities and plans for Fiscal Year and quarter(s).
· Acts as the primary point of contact for CSG bid management service performance (deployed individuals).
· Works collaboratively with UK and AEE Service Delivery Leads to drive demand for UK SST support services through deployed individuals.
· Promotes and communicates bid management services within the business and targeted client accounts.
Sponsors and promotes the AEE Global Careers Program (GCP) as a source of talent for bid management services.
· Sponsors and promotes development and deployment of bid management tools and assets within the team.
· Develops and deploys the bid management training curriculum and upskilling of team members.
· Owns the Bid Management Advice and Guidance content on UK SST Self Service Portal.
· Leads the SST Bid Management Community of Practice as a means of sharing best practice within and between CSGs.
· Supports the UK SST Lead with the development and deployment of the UK SST Bid Manager Bootcamp for the UK practice.
· Promotes awareness of Accenture Selling Platform and deal pursuit operating environment to UK SST.
· Supports and enables CSG upskilling initiatives for deployed individuals.
· Sponsors and contributes to the UK SST Continuous Service Improvement Plan.
Provides direction and input for the development of sales assets and training
· Accountable for the delivery of results and outcomes as agreed within the agreed budget for the Fiscal Year.
· Provides information as requested to enable budget forecasts to be developed.
Manages, monitors and reports expenditure against forecast and budgets to achieve results within target and demonstrate financial controls within individual area of responsibility.
What skills & experience are we looking for?
Previous sales bid experience
What’s in it for you?
All of our Corporate Functions professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
If relocation is required in applying to this position, the appointment to the role would be considered an employee driven transfer meaning that the employee will be personally responsible for covering all relocation costs and any costs associated with dependents.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity
Closing Date for Applications 30/06/2019
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.