Service & Interaction Designer
At Fjord, Service & Interaction Design are at the heart of our design process. Our Service & Interaction Designers are a diverse team of strategic, empathetic thinkers and deep interaction specialists who envision and craft experiences from service design to digital product creation.
The Service & Interaction Designer (D1) contributes to interaction design and service design activities on projects, including client workshops, creative brainstorms, interaction design, and service design definition. This is your opportunity to be part of a team that is creating positive impact for our clients and the world by creating products and services that people love.
As a team, we:
- Create products that demonstrate outstanding service and interaction design for our clients and their customers.
- Develop the discipline and practice in our studios.
- Lead, lean in, be creative, and have fun.
As a Service & Interaction Designer you will:
- Uncover user needs through research, develop deep insights, generate concepts, and craft how people will interact with the products and services we design.
- Participate in and occasionally lead Service & Interaction Design activities, including client workshops, user interviews, and creative brainstorms.
- Explain and discuss design decisions eloquently and give design feedback.
- Manage some Service & Interaction Design activities at the project level.
- Own some Service & Interaction Design deliverables.
- Frame and tell the story of design solutions. Contribute to the communication of research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
- Be a Fjord ambassador, attending and helping to plan studio and community events, workshops, and conferences.
Working together, we will:
- Have specific opportunities to use our craft to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve our discipline.
- Collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business.
Set yourself apart:
- Ability to learn new software quickly; experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Confluence, or JIRA is a plus.
- Understanding of several areas of specialization within the greater design landscape, including but not limited to Design Research, Visual Design, and Content Design.
- Ability to create experience maps, user journeys and service blueprints, interaction models, flows, and wireframes.
- Familiarity with rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototypes.
- Preparedness for being part of teams who focus on user-centered design practices to develop new products and services.