Role: Aerospace and Defence Smart Manufacturing Senior Manager
Location: London or Manchester
Travel: Up to 100%
Salary: £88,000 - £119,000
Join Accenture Consulting and you’ll work alongside fellow industry experts to lead transformational projects, and define cutting edge solutions, solving our client’s most complex issues. Because our clients span the full range of industries you’ll have the opportunity to pursue your passion, hone your expertise and deepen your knowledge. We are growing our Aerospace and Defence team in UK and Ireland and have high ambitions to accelerate digital transformation in the industry. We are looking for talented professionals to join the team.
As a Consulting practitioner you’ll work with clients to improve their businesses and likely the experience of their employees and customers. You’ll affect what products are designed and offered, the effectiveness of their manufacture, and the way in which those products are serviced. You will have the opportunity to advise the top Aerospace and Defence companies on how best to leverage the integrated digital value chain. By joining Accenture’s UK and Ireland Aerospace and Defence team, you will embark on a fast-paced career path to Managing Director that will allow you to utilise your deep industry experience and specialised skills to design, sell and lead industry defining transformation programs. In this role you’ll use your expertise to drive opportunity—for the company and for yourself—while maintaining the flexibility you need to keep your career ahead of the curve.
Digital Manufacturing for the Aerospace and Defence (A&D) sector
Are you ready to help our A&D clients’ journey as they redefine, sharpen and restructure their business and IT landscapes as well as products and offerings towards a more modular, agile architectures, enabling a connected and immersive digital enterprise experience? Do you want to help the biggest companies in A&D simplify their existing product development processes, investments and future roadmaps, better connect them to the rest of the business and improve their agility? Do you have experience of realising benefits from Industry 4.0 technology and capable of leveraging business and technical disciplines to transform ideas into fully assessed, designed and implemented solutions based on Smart Manufacturing and other digital advances?
If yes, then Aerospace and Defence is the place for you to grow your reputation as you become an Accenture leader! As part of a 10,000+ strong global community you’ll both learn from and coach our consulting practitioners to be at the forefront of our clients’ transformations.
As a Digital Manufacturing Senior Manager, you’ll often be:
- Solving key business problems and challenges by enabling business, digital and IT transformation, painting a picture of, and charting a journey from the current state to a “to-be” environment.
- Advising organisations on how to “pivot to the New,” enabling flexibility and adaptability within our client organisations through areas such as; change management, process design, systems implementation, data management, value measurement and governance.
- Supporting our customers and Accenture delivery teams in the areas of the digital transformation.
- Helping to develop and expand the digital manufacturing consulting portfolio through thought leadership and opportunity identification and sales execution.
- Called upon to apply your solid understanding of digital/advanced manufacturing solutions and Industry 4.0 technologies, which may include the following:
o Industry domain knowledge; either poly-industry or deep industry domain expertise, for example; maritime, aerospace or land vehicles
o Process domain knowledge centred on Product Design, Manufacturing, Service & Warranty and Connected Products (Industrial / Internet of Things IIoT / IoT, automation, robotics, XR etc.)
o CAD, PLM, MES and ERP technology knowledge and experience, ideally with more than one brand of technology,
You will have experience with some of the following:
- Industry or business consulting experience in either A&D or other engineering organisations
- Linking the roll out of Industry 4.0 technologies to the delivery of business strategy
- Scoping and delivering innovative technology solutions and services in a manufacturing environment
- Various technologies and trends for Advanced Manufacturing, IIoT, automation, robotics, XR etc.
- Experience in shaping and leading teams across multiple stages of the project delivery lifecycle,
SET YOURSELF APART: Preferred Skills:
- Deep experience within Aerospace & Defense or other complex engineering based manufacturing industries
- Comfort conveying both high-level and detailed information, adjusting the way ideas are presented to better address varying social styles and audiences and levels.
- An ability to challenge a client's thinking by diplomatically providing an objective and independent point of view.
- Experience managing teams through complex situations, adapting quickly and helping others navigate change.
- Experience working through organizational change, developing and implementing creative solutions and closely partnering with clients to regularly confirm expectations are met and value delivered.
Any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory BPSS and SC security clearance which requires 5 years continuous UK address history at the point of application.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing date: 31/08/19
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.