- Following the Extreme Programming (XP) methodology, daily pairing on user stories with other developers
- Working closely with Business Systems Analysts, Testers, User Experience (UX) Designers and Product Owners to deliver business functionality in an iterative manner
- Researching, understanding and implementing modern IT techniques and tooling, namely Continuous Delivery, TDD, Microservices, Infrastructure as Code, NoSQL databases
- Owning and driving forward technical enhancements such as introducing a key business feature, new language or architectural concept
- Driving agile approaches within the team, such as running retrospectives, ensuring user stories are concise and contain enough detail, owning resolution of problems raised and encouraging feedback within the team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to learn on the job
- Strong demonstrable skills in an OO language, ideally Java.
- Degree or similar qualification for development skills
- Understanding of Agile methodology and ability to work in Agile environment
- Familiarity of source control systems, ideally Git
- Ability to work in a team and be a team player
- Ability to adapt and learn new skills quickly
- Familiarity with relational & non-relational databases, ideally MongoDB
- Familiarity with UNIX environment, systems administration, scripting etc.
- Experience with other languages, tools or methodologies, ideally Clojure
- Experience of TDD, BDD etc
- Experience of building and scaling high-traffic websites
- Experience of UX, accessibility, user testing etc.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
Accenture Flex - Functional Tester -Norfolk, VA
USA VA - Arlington
Federal - Digital Transformation Consultant ++
Accenture DayNine - Workday Certified Integrations/BIRT Associate Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.