Job Location: Newcastle
Regional Description: United Kingdom
Job Number: 00659470 00659470_en-GB
Role: DevOps Engineers
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Travel: Possibility for travel to client sites throughout the UK
Career Levels: we have roles available across a range of Accenture career levels including Analyst, Senior Analyst, Specialist and Associate Manager/Manager Levels
Salary: £25,000 to £73,700+ (depending on skills and experience)
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Accenture Technology powers our clients to achieve high performance. We combine business and industry insights with innovative technology to drive growth for your business. We extend our technology and business capabilities through a powerful alliance ecosystem of market leaders and innovators to provide our clients the best specialized skills and tailored solutions.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
Successful candidates will demonstrate expertise in one or more of the following areas:
· The design and implementation of continuous delivery practices
· Approaches and tooling for automated build, delivery and release of software
· Approaches and tooling for automated software assurance and QA
· Defining and managing a roadmap for the implementation of DevOps in an enterprise IT organisation
· The use of Public/Private cloud and Virtualisation Technologies
· Service support – the use of DevOps, Continuous Delivery and ITIL concepts as part of an effective support operation
· Experience of technical architecture i.e. the design and delivery of IT systems for a broad range of clients
· Experience of Agile and Lean Software delivery methodologies
· Experience of leading consulting engagements (dependent on grade)
· Working within a structured environment, including the use of structured methods and approaches and modern development tools.
· AWS (management of EC2 instances, VPCs, S3 etc.,) using Terraform/Cloud Formation templates.
· Continuous Integration/Deployment concepts and tooling (e.g. Gitlab, Jenkins, Nexus, Maven etc)
· SysAdmin - UNIX/Linux
· Configuration Management / Automated Env Provisioning (e.g. Puppet, Ansible)
· Monitoring (e.g. AWS CloudWatch, Dynatrace)
· Experience in ELK stack
· Experience in networking
· Functional & Performance test
· Siebel CRM Administration
· Siebel Server installation on RHEL
· Business Objects
What’s in it for you?
All of our Technology professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
If relocation is required in applying to this position, the appointment to the role would be considered an employee driven transfer meaning that the employee will be personally responsible for covering all relocation costs and any costs associated with dependents.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2019. Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.