Role: Senior Manager, Retail Strategy
Mobility: up to 100%
Location: London or Manchester
Accenture Strategy shapes our clients’ future, combining deep business insight with the understanding of how technology will impact industry and business models. Our focus on issues related to digital disruption, competitive agility, operating and business model, as well as the future workforce, helps our client find future value and growth in a digital world.
Kurt Salmon, part of Accenture Strategy is a dedicated retail focused practice within Accenture Strategy. Our clients are industry leaders who benefit from our deep industry and functional expertise in operational strategy consulting, including logistics and supply chain, store operations, merchandising and product development, corporate strategy and due diligence, and omni-channel retail strategy.
Our team has significant experience working in the key functional areas across the retail sector, having worked for and on engagements for many of the world’s leading organisations. We pride ourselves on working jointly with our clients as one team to develop innovative and customized responses to the increasing complexities of business in the 21st century. Our approach integrates proven change management techniques that align the organisation, optimise initial adoption of the changes and ensure that they deliver lasting and superior results.
We are in a critical phase of business growth and seek a Senior Manager who has strong retail consulting experience with expertise in one or more of the following areas; Store Operations, Merchandising and Planning, Supply Chain, Product Development and Sourcing and/or Strategy. As a Senior Manager you will apply your strong programme/project management experience and retail industry expertise every day to help deliver world-class solutions that enable our clients to become high-performance businesses.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Designing, developing and implementing innovative solutions to address client needs focusing on execution excellence
- Creating and leading high-performing project teams that deliver successful outcomes for our clients
- Accountability for the successful delivery of significant client projects whilst bringing the best of Accenture to the client
- Developing ongoing relationships with senior clients and creating new business opportunities
- Building and applying technical, industry, and functional knowledge to support efforts in selling opportunities to existing and new clients
- Using detailed and comprehensive industry knowledge and experience to lead the development of and support project strategies
- Engaging with the retail strategy practice including contributing to practice thought leadership and service development
- Contributing to the recruiting, retaining and developing of a diverse, high caliber team.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
Candidates are expected to demonstrate deep expertise in one or more areas of retail e.g. Store Operations, Merchandising and Planning, Supply Chain, Product Development and Sourcing or Strategy. In addition, they will have proven project/programme management experience as well as business development experience in a consulting environment. Candidates will be expected to be passionate and positive about the opportunity to enhance their existing experience and grow Accenture's capability to deliver retail solutions to our clients.
Candidates must have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Strong academic background
- Strong retail experience in one or more the following areas with a leading brand or retailer: Store Operations, Merchandising and Planning, Supply Chain, Digital, Analytics or Strategy, OR strong FMCG experience where there is a strong interface with retail and a strong understanding of retail (e.g. trading/ finance)
- Direct experience managing complex retail strategy and/ or retail operations projects and leading teams to achieve successful outcomes within a leading global management consultancy
- Deep understanding of the retail industry landscape including the market, customers, suppliers, and competitors
- Proven business development experience in a consulting environment
- Wide-ranging awareness of global, economic, technology and social trends that impact retail industry
- A track record of demonstrated success with clients across multiple accounts
- Adept at working at all levels of the client’s business
- Superior communication skills (verbal and written) to effectively collaborate across all levels, clearly and effectively communicate insights and develop strong relationships
- Skilled negotiator who can persuade and build alignment with stakeholders
- Excellent critical thinking skills and ability to develop pragmatic solutions to address clients’ most pressing challenges.
- Exceptional skills in disaggregating complex issues and identifying the root causes
- Proven experience of developing high caliber individuals to exceed their expectations
Although our base location is Central London, Senior Managers may periodically work on client engagements across the UK and internationally; therefore, geographic mobility is essential, and candidates must be willing to work away from home.
What’s in it for you
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and growing retail strategy team where creative and independent thinking are encouraged. Our professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programmes at many levels to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with company-acknowledged Subject Matter Experts.
The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from
which to build and further develop your career.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Jobs Near You
Accenture Flex - Functional Tester -Norfolk, VA
USA VA - Arlington
Federal - Digital Transformation Consultant ++
Accenture DayNine - Workday Certified Integrations/BIRT Associate Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.