What responsibilities will you have?
Work with client teams to design and implement modern, scalable data pipelines and architectures leveraging Hadoop, NoSQL, Apache open source and emerging technologies, covering:
- On-premise and cloud-based deployment patterns
- Streaming, micro-batching and right-time use cases
- Agile and DevOps techniques and implementation approaches
- Provide innovative data engineering design and deployment approaches that leverage innovations in in-memory processing, agile delivery, automation, storage architectures etc. to design modern data pipelines at speed and scale
- Working closely with technology partners, Accenture Technology Labs and Accenture Innovation centres to incubate emerging technologies and build prototypes/demos to enhance our data engineering codebases and frameworks
- Mentor and upskill other data engineers
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- Processing frameworks & programming tools: Spark (Scala/Python/Java), Kafka, Flink
- Hadoop platforms & distributions: Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR, EMR
- Agile and DevOps delivery practices: familiarity with agile and DevOps delivery and deployment methodologies, experience with continuous integration, automated code reviews and regression testing using tools such as Atlassian Jira, Confluence, Cloudbees Jenkins, Selenium Grid, SonarQube and Docker
- Data modelling & data pipeline design: iterative data pipeline development from raw, curated, integrated to published data, with fit for use data modelling on Hadoop and NoSQL platforms
- Client facing skills: solid experience working in client facing / consulting environments, to be able to build trusted relationships with client stakeholders and act as a trusted adviser.
- Cloud platforms: Developing data engineering pipelines on AWS, Azure, GCP, including with Cloud platform PaaS components; Databricks
- NoSQL: HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB, CouchDB, Memcached, DynamoDB, Druid, BigTable
- Search: SOLR, ElasticSearch
- Design skills: data product design thinking, features definition, prototyping, usability testing and data visualisation literacy
- Machine Learning tools, interfaces & Libraries: R, R-Studio, Spark R, sparklyr, MLlib, H2O etc.
As part of your application, please share links to any code repositories with codebase (sanitised) you have developed.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at http://www.accenture.com/.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 30/09/2019
Multiple Roles Available
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found. #DIG2019