Role: Software Tester
Location: Warton, North West
Travel: Possibility for travel to client sites throughout the UK
We have roles available across the following Accenture career levels depending on skills and experience
Analyst: from £26,100
Senior Analyst: from £31,424
Specialist / Team Lead: from £36,725
Job Type: 12 Months Fixed Term Contract
Job reference: 00625521
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Accenture Technology powers our clients to achieve high performance with best in class established and emerging technologies. We are able to extend our technology and business capabilities by working closely with market leaders and innovators to provide our clients with the best specialised skills and tailored solutions.
We are focused on aligning IT with business priorities, enabling a digital Accenture and driving down the cost of IT, while working to provide all of our employees with the capabilities to run a high-performing business!
What responsibilities will you have?
As a software tester, you will work as part of a larger project team. Following either agile or waterfall principles, you will successfully collaborate with multiple stakeholders and colleagues across multiple specialisms which could include; end users, key client representatives, business analysts, designers, developers, operations teams and more.
Test Planning and Preparation
- Undertake test planning activities for either Agile or Waterfall deliveries
- Plan own workload and scope/requirements
- Analyse functional and technical specifications and user stories to derive test cases and scenarios
- Participate in document and peer reviews
- Agree test scope and scenarios with key stakeholder and/or clients
- Demonstrates knowledge and practical experience of test tools and industry standard best practice
- Identify issues and risks relating to workload, escalate these appropriately and provide suggested mitigating actions
- Prepare input test data and expected results
- Review own test conditions, test scripts / user stories, input test data, and expected results for all test phases
- Effectively prepare regression, ad hoc and re-tests as required
- Develop test automation frameworks and test models
- Execute tests thoroughly to ensure software quality including running automated tests
- Identify faults/defects
- Liaise with the test lead/scrum team on any issues that may affect the schedule, budget, or quality of the product or the testing process
- Work with the project teams to resolve any issues in a timely manner
- For Agile deliveries, contribute to daily scrums, sprint reviews and retrospectives
- Complete demonstrations to the client on the completed features of the system
- Record problems and issues in accordance with the project's problem and issue management plans
- Actively contribute to process improvement initiatives and enhancements to current procedures including recommending quality improvements
- Assist the test lead with test closure reports and gaining sign off from key stakeholders
- Keep the team and relevant stakeholders informed of progress and any challenges