Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 482,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Role: Nordic Data Privacy and Security Lead
Location: Sweden, Stockholm
Join Corporate Functions and you will become part of a diverse team which offers the essential expertise that enables all our employees to deliver high performance to our clients. Our Corporate Functions professionals work in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing and Communications, CIO, Information Security, and Geographic Services.
Whether you work directly with clients or manage important internal initiatives and efforts, you’ll find amazing opportunities to make a measurable difference.
Each Privacy & Security Lead (“Lead”) will provide oversight, leadership reporting, and strategic direction for local Data Privacy (“DP”) and Information Security (“IS”) requirements and activities within their GU. They will act as the primary local point of contact in assigned countries for all DP and IS topics and play an active role in driving DP and IS operations, controls, risk management, awareness and improvement within their local scope within their GU. They will be supported by Legal, Information Security, and other functions in performing their role.
Leads will report directly to Geographic Services leadership. They will be accountable to the Data Privacy and Information Security leads (including the Data Protection Officer) and act at their direction to ensure consistency with Accenture’s global DP and IS programs, including strategy, external relations, compliance, and processes. They will collaborate closely with the Data Privacy and Information Security teams to obtain information and advice.
What responsibilities will you have?
Expertise and Professional qualities
Advise on and manage DP and IS programs and activities
- Understand the triggers and requirements for performing DP and IS activities and processes for executing these (for example, privacy reviews, Data Privacy Impact Assessments and recording of processing activities) and participate in such activities where this is part of the defined process
- Advise and support client facing and internal teams on where to obtain advice on DP activities such as new offerings, internal projects, client contracts, M&A activity, individual complaints and on IS activities
- Process and manage requests from individuals seeking to exercise their rights over their personal data in accordance with applicable law
- Ensure data security incidents are appropriately reported in accordance with Accenture processes, in alignment with other relevant stakeholders (for example as advised and directed by Accenture’s Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT) and/or Legal (in particular Legal Data Incident Team)).
- Work with stakeholders (e.g. Information Security, account teams, other corporate functions) on DP and IS law, monitor compliance and manage risks as required (for example by providing input on any changes to scope in controls or processes required as a result of new local laws)
- Recognize and appropriately deal with conflicts of interest and other concerns
Implement IS objectives and controls
- Determine the local IS objectives
- Ensure all applicable IS controls are implemented and are operating effectively to mitigate against the identified IS risks
- Be responsible for establishing, operating, monitoring and improving the local Information Security Management System (ISMS) in order to manage the IS risk faced by the information systems and data assets within scope
- Ensure that via the asset register there is a clear understanding of the assets the management system is seeking to protect, with this being reviewed and refreshed on at least an annual basis and when other situations trigger the need for an update (e.g. organizational changes)
- Ensure appropriate checks are carried out (as defined by the ISMS) to provide evidence that the IS controls are in place, and are being effective
- Conduct periodic IS risk assessments to ensure that the risks to assets are identified and understood, including identifying new risks and reassessing previously identified risks
- Act as the key local point of contact for their ISMS
Be involved in all local DP and IS regulatory and auditory requirements
- Monitor compliance by reviewing information provided by central audit and monitoring teams (for example Internal Audit and Security Assessments team)
- Monitor and maintain data privacy regulatory activity within the region and report accordingly.
- In alignment with the Data Privacy team and other relevant teams, input and respond to requests from regulators-information, inspection, audit-and any enforcement action
- Ensure that local filings/notifications of systems and data processing are maintained and any required authorizations obtained
Manage training and awareness
- Actively promote and encourage local engagement (including with senior leadership) on DP and IS topics, including delivering training and awareness programs based on globally packaged materials
- Play an active role in driving DP and IS risk management and improvement
- Be able to speak knowledgably on DP and IS to client facing and internal teams and direct their queries appropriately
- Identify and engage with relevant stakeholders and work with them to ensure the appropriate controls are in place to protect the assets they are accountable for
- Keep up to date with local DP and IS topics such as regulatory guidance and enforcement action, activities of relevant industry and standards associations etc.
Report on Accenture’s global DP and IS programs
- In coordination with the Data Privacy and Information Security teams, report on agreed DP and IS topics to leadership, local boards, and regulators as required
- Proactively raise trends, potential threats, concerns or other information with the Data Privacy team, Information Security and other stakeholders as appropriate
- Manage and chair the local Information Security Management Forum (ISMF) and provide linkage with the Information Security Corporate Function
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- Business and technical acumen – ability to understand Accenture’s business and strategy including knowledge of general technical concepts and systems
- A hands-on approach to working with stakeholders and business teams
- Be adaptable, quick to learn and effective at working in an area which changes quickly in response to new risks, technologies, legislation and requirements
- Change management skill sets and be able to act as an agent of change
- Project and risk management skills, including monitoring and audit type activities
- Be able to work autonomously, be a self-starter but also be able to manage supporting resources and delegate tasks
- Be credible, well-connected and have excellent communication skills and ability to deal with highest management levels and act in a public facing role
- Native level Swedish, Danish or Norwegian, with ability to understand and communicate in the non-native ones of these languages
- Excellent English skills
Good to have
- Prior expert knowledge and experience of DP law and practices, including CIPP qualifications and/or relevant local privacy qualifications is an advantage but not a necessity.
- The ability to take a risk based approach to DP and IS
- The ability to work to high standards of confidentiality and independence and to recognize and act on conflicts of interest
- The ability to provide training on DP and IS topics
Accenture welcomes and encourages applications from diverse backgrounds related to gender, age, ethnicity, culture, race, religion and belief, disability, nationality, sexual orientation and gender identity. Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values, providing an environment where everyone brings distinct experience, talent and culture to their work. We invite you to be part of this diversity.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
USA NY - New York
Higher Education Finance Transformation Consultant
Posted 2 days ago
USA TX - Austin
Cash Applications New Associate
Business Process Specialization
Posted 2 days ago
USA NY - New York
SAP SCM Test Lead
Posted 2 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.