Accenture has been named a leader in a new IDC MarketScape: "Worldwide Smart Manufacturing Service Providers 2021 Vendor Assessment", which uses both a quantitative and qualitative assessment of characteristics and capabilities in delivering smart manufacturing transformation for manufacturers in any industry.
IDC defines smart manufacturing as the continuous process by which enterprises leverage cyberphysical convergence and digital skills to develop the production capabilities necessary to compete in the modern economy. Faced with today's business complexity and the need to balance factory capability with volatile demand across elongated and dynamic supply chains, manufacturers need to harmonize, supervise, and coordinate execution activities across the company's and its suppliers' manufacturing operations — with a greater level of real-time visibility.
The path to value
For manufacturers either embarking on or continuing their shop-floor transformation journey, the IDC MarketScape offers the following guidance:
- Make sure the project scope and value are clearly defined
- Look at the long-term picture
- Look out for – and insist on – skills with domain expertise
- Communication is key
- Minimize change management by relying on users’ input
Accenture’s differentiated strengths
About Accenture’s strengths, the IDC MarketScape said: "Customers praised the company's breadth and depth of expertise, the wide distribution of its skills network, and its capability to deliver complex end-to-end projects that can see and communicate the "big picture"."
In addition, the IDC MarketScape highlighted the following:
- Accenture has a broad array of packaged solutions and IP to accelerate the deployment of smart manufacturing projects and applications.
- Accenture has a documented track record of providing services for manufacturers across all subverticals.
- Accenture's long-term vision is geared around investment and resources to further strengthen its offerings and IP, broaden its industry and market coverage, and build higher-value ecosystems.
- Accenture has one of the broadest partner networks in the industry, spanning a multitude of key solution providers, start-ups, industry bodies, and academic institutions.