Accenture invests close to $1bn in Research and Development activities across our Services and Markets in a huge range of cutting edge technologies- Blockchain, Industry X, Cloud, Analytics etc. As we continue to maximize our investment we are looking to create a team to measure and assess the success of our investments. These will include the development of applications and platforms used in client delivery, significant event and sponsorships or other strategic programs.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of the development of an end-to-end solution to help our most senior leadership make crucial decisions about where to invest to shape the future direction of Accenture. You will collaborate with our investment teams across the world to understand what they are creating and to help and enable them to demonstrate success.
Over time the team will help to industrialize and simplify investment assessments using advanced tools, analytics, and our own R&D capabilities to drive efficiencies and more importantly develop a culture of innovation. The team will be the engine that drives these solutions but will work in very close partnership with our Growth and Strategy, Operations, Legal and Innovation Teams.
You will work closely with the existing Intellectual Property Portfolio Team of four people who are experts in our IP Investments. You will be part of the Performance and Advisory Team which is a multi-disciplinary team supporting financial excellence though data analytics and visualization techniques across
You will report to the Finance Manager.
The Finance Associate Manager will be responsible for preparing Investment assessments for a subset of investments. You will work with specific Project teams globally across a range of technologies and industries learning and understanding their investments, commercial applications, and models and to help them define and agree to realistic and meaningful deliverables and metrics. You will help to provide impartial assessments of progress and success throughout the lifecycle of the investment.
- Collaborate with Project teams to develop an understanding of Investments and technologies to enable the development of frameworks and classification for effective assessments
- Work to ensure data reliability – validating and improving the quality of the data we rely on for our analysis.
- Analyse the data to understand the story behind the numbers. Understand progress, changes in trends, highlight data-points that are outliers. Strive for data consistency and accuracy.
- Help to design, develop, and publish concise, visually appealing investment assessments which can drive meaning decision made by our most senior leaders in the company
- Make recommendations for how effective investment assessment can be embedded and integrated throughout the investment landscape.
- Understand best practices in investment management both within Accenture and externally becoming a subject matter expert.
- Build the reputation and forge trust with key stakeholders and senior leadership from AGS, Finance, Growth and Strategy, Legal, other Corporate Functions, Services and Markets.
You will likely have 4+ years’ experience in Finance, Innovation, Strategy, or Business Operations with relevant or complimentary third level qualifications.
- Financially minded and proficient. Comfortable with understanding financial metrics and measurements.
- Very strong Excel and Power Point skills. Macros, PowerBI, Sharepoint and SQL Skills are desirable but not mandatory. Candidate should be interested in developing in latest technologies.
- Can work independently in an orderly fashion with focus and attention to detail, with pride in being accurate
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Proven stakeholder management and influencing skills, and an ability to foster relationships at all levels within the organisation
- Strong team working and collaboration skills with experience of working in a large-matrix organisation such as Accenture
- A real interest in technology and interest in understanding new and emerging technologies.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and on multiple initiatives at the same time.
- Curious, Inquisitive, and analytically minded
- Positive attitude and flexibility
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Accenture’s Offerings & Assets, Legal protection of IP and, or of MD&I advantageous
- Understanding of data bases, data management or data analytics
- Project management skills
- Budget Forecasting Skills
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.