Front-end Java Application Developer
The Opportunity for You:
Want to learn what scale really means? Join today and be part of transformational projects using the latest technologies in the market such as AI, machine learning and Angular. Influence best in class business processes while doing work that matters, touching the lives of so many people living in Ireland.
Grow your career with hands on experience with some of our largest clients and projects in Ireland. From technology to people there’s something for everyone. Develop industry-leading technology skills and help us transform our clients.
Join diverse teams and communities who thrive to learn and grow together using Accenture’s worldwide network of training facilities and experts.
As a Java developer working within Accenture Technology, you will be responsible for Accenture’s growth and success across our technology business, delivery through the Global Delivery Network (GDN) and support for emerging technologies across our technology innovation, ecosystems and Accenture Software markets. Accenture’s technology people implement innovative solutions to help clients stay ahead of the digital curve by:
- Creating & delivering custom-designed solutions for our clients’ most complex technology challenges.
- Driving & accelerating real business impacts through our alliances with SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, Salesforce, Cisco, HP and IBM.
- Incubating & piloting emerging technologies for clients based on our applied Research and Development.
To help drive forward the growth of our business and clients’ business, we are hiring for curious and ambitious Java Application Developers in two areas of our business –
Application Development – Here you will –
- Work with Business users to agree on requirements and specifications
- Document functional and technical designs for your area of work
- Write and design testable and effective code
- Gather requirements for system design – experience in this would be extremely desirable.
- Gain client engagement experience, collaborating with business users on project delivery
- Build prototypes, development of applications and building interfaces with legacy, enterprise resource planning and other enterprise systems
Application Maintenance – Here you will –
- Be responsible for responding to incident support tickets & identifying the causes behind any application failure.
- Identify root causes, immediate quick fixes, or work arounds to issues, gaining exposure to the manipulation of JSON / XML messages and/or database fields.
- Search and implement long-term code fixes for these failures, testing and including in appropriate builds.
- Have responsibility for maintaining and versioning code bases and providing valid and test
As an Accenture employee you can make great ideas happen for some of the world's most dynamic companies. With broad global resources and deep technical know-how, we collaborate with clients to cultivate ideas and deliver results. Choose a career at Accenture and enjoy an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
Our people are our most important asset and we invest considerable resources to provide on-going training that builds and extends professional, technical and management skills in all areas. Your learning program will be determined by the requirements of your specific role but will usually involve specialized skills as well as personal and leadership development. You will work with your manager to determine what skills you need and how to build them.
Does this appeal to you? If so, we wish to hear from you.
Please advise if you have any particular requirements, so we can look into arranging reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process. You can contact us at accessIErecruitment@accenture.com
Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 514,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
- BSc in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT qualification and/or relevant industry experience
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in full life-cycle development, including design, coding, testing, rollout and support
- Experience in Core Java development in Eclipse in an Agile environment
- Proficient with Spring (Spring Web MVC, Spring REST, Spring Boot)
- Experience with NO SQL and SQL databases
- Knowledge of SDLC and Agile Development
- Experience with GIT and JIRA
- Strong creative problem solving and analytical skills
- Team player
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong client service skills
- Experience with Kakfka and Spring Batch are a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.