Full Stack Software Engineering Manager
Do you want to join a next generation software engineering team in Dublin? Do you want to do high-quality custom development using modern technologies, Agile/Scrum, DevOps and serverless cloud-native lightweight architecture? If so, this is a great opportunity to build technical skills in the latest technologies, to learn strong software engineering techniques and to work with great people in a great team.
We have huge passion for our craft! We love learning, innovation and technology. We are positive, experimental and adaptable. We use lean processes and strive to continuously improve everything that we do. We strive for a work environment that is happy, diverse, collaborative and productive.
CIO is a global team that provides best in class technology and employee experiences to support Accenture’s high-performance workforce. Our team is a custom software engineering capability that mobilises and establishes new complex global deliveries for CIO. We bring cutting edge technologies and approaches together to deliver at scale across a global enterprise.
We are aligned with The Dock, Accenture’s global centre for innovation in Dublin. The Dock is a living, breathing innovation hub as an accelerator to help unlock value by design. Operating across all stages of the innovation spectrum, the working environment is open and interactive.
· Produce clean code and automated tests
· Manage and support the development of junior members of the team
· Design and develop high quality software services and features, working with architects and other team members
· Participate in, contribute to and continuously improve Agile software development processes
· Align with enterprise architecture frameworks and standards
· Research, assess and adopt new technologies as required
· Assist scrum masters with the development of detailed estimates and work plans
· Ensure that projects are delivered on time and that they meet clients’ and users’ business needs
· Strive for quality of performance, usability, reliability, maintainability and extensibility
· Conduct research, make recommendations and apply new technologies
· Support development effort estimation
· Identify opportunities for process and tool improvements
· Use analytical rigour to produce effective solutions to poorly-defined problems
· Implement unit, integration and other automated tests
· At least 6 years extensive experience in software engineering.
· Experience leading and managing Software Engineering teams in an Agile environment.
· Strong communication skills, enabling meaningful and effective exchange between technical and non-technical stakeholders on multiple levels of organizational structure.
· Computer Science (or similar) degree
· Solid background in custom software development (or evidence of high academic achievement)
· Ability to write clean code, think logically and solve problems
· Full stack understanding of web/API/database development concepts and patterns
· Ability and passion to quickly learn and implement new technologies as required
NICE TO HAVE
· Understanding of DevOps, automated testing, serverless or microservices
· Experience with serverless cloud-native services from AWS (e.g. Lambda, DynamoDB) or GCP
· Understanding of Agile Scrum and SDLC principles
· Experience with JSON and REST APIs
· Experience in Terraform and AWS CloudFormation.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity. Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.