- Lead the Data Privacy (DP) Policy & Governance functional group (“tower”) within Accenture’s Global Data Privacy Team. This tower is responsible, in particular, for Accenture’s DP management system, core privacy policies, international transfers, Binding Corporate Rules, managing legal change, training and communication.
- Work closely with the Data Privacy (DP) program lead and other tower leads to set strategic direction, provide oversight and leadership to the DP function, and drive execution of the team’s priorities,
- Effectively lead a team of DP professionals in remote locations, ensuring engagement, business focus and pragmatic advice.
- Manage the DP team’s day-to-day operations including leadership reporting and planning activities, the implementation and use of tools and technology, with a strong focus on coordination of its five towers,
- Maintain, further develop and execute strategy for external relations in data privacy (by region), in alignment with Government Relations team; work with selected regulators and industry bodies representing Accenture at meetings; keeping abreast of technology trends and developments and their impact, develop guidance for internal and external audiences
- Oversee and enhance Accenture’s international data transfers approach, including our Binding Corporate Rules and Inter Company Agreements; lead development and implementation of Binding Corporate Rules for Processors, APEC Cross Border Privacy Rules
- Manage and oversee process for the identification and assessment of new laws, regulatory guidance and select case law and their impact on our and our clients’ business, and support implementation.
- In support of other towers of the DP team, provide expert consultancy and advice to Legal, business and corporate functions in respect of data privacy, compliance and associated risks and opportunities
- Legal, including Government Relations, Sales & Delivery, Employment Law, Offerings, Geographic Support;
- Corporate Functions;
- Geographic leadership and the Data Privacy Officer network;
- Related subject matter experts (e.g. security professionals, PCI, government compliance, certification SMEs);
- Industry bodies including business/trade associations, external counsel;
- Privacy professionals at client and peer companies; and
- Regulatory and select legislative points of contact.
- Demonstrated command of data privacy, data security, and related laws and regulations, including cross border aspects;
- Proven ability to develop vision, operationalize and implement strategy;
- A network of industry and data privacy regulatory contacts;
- Strong organizational and project management skills and ability to deliver results;
- Demonstrated ability to identify, understand and assess trends, and curiosity for learning about new technology;
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with all levels of management and staff, work cross-culturally, and represent Accenture externally;
- Confidence and credibility in dealing with internal management, senior personnel at client and peer companies, data privacy regulators, and industry bodies;
- Highly motivated and proactive, with the ability to articulate company vision and policy, and to seek out areas of risk and priority;
- Ability to consistently apply good judgment;
- Builds and maintains a network of good working relationships both internally and externally; and
- Adapts nimbly to changing needs within the business
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.