Project Manager – Scientific & Laboratory Informatics Services, Dublin, Ireland
Do you want to work where scientific innovation meets leading-edge technology? Join Accenture’s fast-growing Scientific Informatics Services (SIS) business unit within the Life Sciences sector, where you can help pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical technology, distributor and consumer health clients to combine the latest technology with scientific breakthroughs, revolutionizing how medical treatments are discovered, developed and delivered to patients around the world!
The catalyst for this new unit was Accenture’s recent acquisition of LabAnswer, a leading U.S.-based research and laboratory informatics technology consulting firm and the leading domain experts in business process optimisation, and the implementation and support of enterprise scientific informatics solutions such as LIMS, ELN, SDMS and CDS. Our new global Scientific Informatics Services (SIS) teams lead out on the tools and technologies that drive this innovation. We work on-site with our clients to streamline technology and processes to remain competitive within today’s changing scientific informatics ecosystem.
As an experienced Project Manager, you will be responsible for crafting and driving to completion multi-lab global implementations of pharma QC laboratory systems, managing the delivery of complex technology or business solutions in a client-facing environment, providing guidance and support to clients to help them attain excellence in their operations, while gaining exposure to and experience in a myriad of emerging technologies (such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Internet of Things, Extended Reality, Machine Learning, and Data Analytics).
This is an opportunity for you, to join a unique team which combines scientific data management experts with the global transformation capabilities of Accenture and to be a part of redefining the future of laboratory operations and lead on the development of innovative technology solutions for global and EU-based multi-national clients. We offer a total rewards package consisting of salary, bonuses and benefits and a strong defined career path within a start-up environment of a global consulting firm.
- Craft and drive a project from initiation stage to project close.
- Ensure that project vision and goals are clearly defined and that key stakeholders are identified and on-boarded
- Responsible for defining, building and maintaining the project plan, roles and responsibilities and communications plan
- Leads project scope and is responsible for the project methodology, ensuring that templates and work instructions are clear for all project phases and deliverables
- Drives to ensure that issues and risks are actioned and mitigated in a timely manner.
- Engaging with senior client stakeholders to handle client expectations and working with client business partners across multiple businesses and technical groups
- Creation of status reports for senior management
- Ability to deliver results in a pressurised environment and to ramp-up quickly.
- Facilitation of client workshops to present, validate and achieve partner consensus on business approaches, requirements or always plans and to maintain strong client focus.
- 4+ years laboratory system Project Management experience
- 4+ plus years technical and business delivery experience
- Excellent leadership experience, team management, working across multiple work streams
- Experience of leading and mentoring team and encouraging the team to excel
- Strong executive presence, ability to communicate complex issues to both senior management and to the delivery team
- Ability to craft and lead a project through the project lifecycle
- Shown delivery track record in managing/supporting IT/ Business projects across all areas of the IT Delivery
- Demonstrated critical thinking and ability to handle and address ambiguity head-on
- Excellent project management and communication skills- both written and verbal
- Strong Microsoft Project skills, along with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) skills.
- Previous experience of and collaborating with large, disparate and often virtual teams and working in a large multinational in the IT or High-Tech sector
- Capable of engaging on complex IT delivery programmes
- BSc or MSc qualified in Science, Engineering, Biomedical, Pharmaceutical related fields preferred
- PMP certified or similar qualification desirable
- Ability to collaborate with and/or manage complex technical solutions and people
- Technical experience high level LIMS, CDS, ELN and/or LES delivery.
- Familiarity with/Exposure to different software methodologies e.g. Agile, Waterfall etc.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 482,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Please also note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.