Job Location: Dublin
Regional Description: Ireland
Job Number: 00656793 00656793_en
spectrum, with a remit to build the future in real-time. The working environment is open and interactive, facilitating collaboration with colleagues, clients, customers and ecosystem partners. Our experimentation culture, combined with a disruptive brief empowers us to break future ground.
Are you ready to join top innovators making a global impact?
Agile professionals define an adaptive model based on greater collaboration and communication between teams; Agile is a cultural change that impacts people, processes and tools in different ways across the organisation; based on iterative, time boxed and incremental approach, where requirements and solutions evolve through collaboration between self-organizing and cross-functional teams. Agile promotes adaptive planning, evolutionary development and delivery and encourages a rapid and flexible response to change.
What are we looking for?
· We need someone who has strong independent logic thinking and good back end stack knowledge implementing core functional logic components, APIs, complex data and application integration.
· We need someone who can maintain best practices within the team, using design patterns and principles, following agile processes effectively and leading the team deliver high quality of code.
· We need someone who understand the perspectives of front end engineers, Data scientists, DevOps.
· We need someone who is highly collaborative, open and has a strong interest in new and emerging technologies.
What you will be doing?
We are looking for experienced Back End developers with practical knowledge of developing modern web-based applications. You will be part of the advanced application engineers group of a large innovation-focussed Software Engineering team that helps The Dock innovate, design, create and deliver next generation solutions across a range of innovative projects, prototypes and proofs of concept. As a back end technical lead, you will:
· Work with architects and the other domain experts to analyse and design complex integrated technical services and components;
· Break technical stories into detailed technical specifications tasks and provide reasonable workload estimation;
· Possess strong knowledge of the back end tech stack, working in an agile back end technical team providing advanced coding expertise to deliver high quality standards;
· Implementing server-side business logic components, services and APIs at enterprise level;
· Pair programming with other team members and review code to help them understanding best practices;
· Documenting key technical implementations, approaches, mechanisms;
· Transfer knowledge to multi-functional teams;
· Be a technical mentor to one of our junior engineers to share best practices;
· BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field;
· 1+ years of experience leading a small agile team to deliver core functionalities in a fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment;
· 5+ years of experience as a back end / full stack engineer designing and implementing APIs, data and webservices integration;
· 3+ years of Web development experience based on OOP (preferred: JavaEE);
· Expertise in Java EE and one of its frameworks (e.g. Spring Boot, Hibernate, Play);
· Expertise in Node.js and one of its frameworks (e.g. Express.js, Sails.js);
· Good understanding of RESTful Web services and Micro services, serverless architecture;
· Good understanding of Relationship database and NoSQL database (preferred MongoDB & MySQL);
· Good knowledge on some of the following backend stack and related frameworks will be a plus: Python, Scala;
· Good knowledge design patterns, linting, logging, caching, building, unit testing and integration testing, API specification frameworks;
· Familiar with ORM (e.g. Sequelize, Hibernate);
· Good understanding on DevOps (e.g. CI, CD, Docker, Kubernetes), front end and data engineering perspectives;
· Good knowledge of Cloud services: e.g. AWS/Azure/Google Cloud;
· Experience collaboratively developing with Git or other version control system
· Experience with agile development (SCRUM, Kanban, etc) and within an agile project team
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with more than 420,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The Dock at Accenture is a multidisciplinary research and incubation hub, as an accelerator for Accenture and our clients to unlock value. Launched in Sept 2015, the global innovation centre brings together top talent under three disciplines; designers, developers and domain experts with expertise in AI, IoT, digital marketing, cyber security, advanced analytics and tech development.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.