Role Title: Scrum Master
The CIO organisation is a global team that provides internal technology to support Accenture. Our mission is to seamlessly empower a highly effective high-performance workforce by providing best in class technology and employee experiences. We bring the latest research, methods and technologies together to deliver at scale across a global enterprise.
We are passionate about learning, innovation and technology. We are positive, experimental and adaptable. We use lean processes and strive to continuously improve everything that we do. We strive for a work environment that is happy, collaborative and productive.
We are currently building a new next generation software engineering team in Dublin. The team will be performing high-quality custom development using the latest technologies, lean agile and DevOps enabled processes, and a Cloud/Mobile/API first approach. This is a great time to join and be part of a new and growing team. It is an exciting opportunity to build strong technical skills in the latest technologies, to learn best practice software engineering techniques, to work in a state of the art innovative environment and to work with great people.
We are based at The Dock, Accenture’s global centre for innovation in Dublin. The Dock is a living, breathing innovation hub as an accelerator to help unlock value by design. Operating across all stages of the innovation spectrum, the working environment is open and interactive.
As a Scrum Master you will have Senior level experience in facilitating agile software development teams, especially with Scrum as the development methodology.
- Coach and guide the agile teams in Scrum methodology and continuous process improvement of software delivery
- Set up and take ownership of retrospectives, sprint reviews and sprint planning sessions
- Instil Agile project management best practices including risk management, cross-team interdependencies, scope definition, delivery objectives, quality standards, and user needs identification
- Facilitate and document project and release planning, including participation in product vision and implementation, Scrum ceremonies, Scrum of Scrums, discovery, design, and other brainstorm meetings
- Protect the Sprint goal and ensure that the team do everything within their power to achieve goals
- Facilitate product owner input and team interactions; ensure the communication of scope and requirements changes throughout the team, including sprint impact analysis
- Support product owner in management of the backlog, ensuring Scrum process standards, identification of stakeholders and stakeholder conditions of acceptance
- Support product development by providing high level business analysis and development estimates, including coordination of multiple product analysis
- Foster knowledge sharing and assist with creation and delivery of best practices documentation and training materials
- Identify opportunities for process and tool improvements from concept to implementation
- Identify, assess and aid the team in solving complex business problems
- Evangelise the benefits of agile development within the team
- Remove obstacles that affect the team
- Ensure that the team smoothly adjusts to the cadence of the Sprint ceremonies, and also maximises the amount of available development time
- Handhold the Product Owner when discussing more technical user stories, bringing in team members as required
- Work collaboratively with developers, product owners and technical architects
- Individual and team learning and development