The Dock is a multidisciplinary research and incubation hub, where designers, doctors, visionaries and makers are doing things that matter for people, places and robots. Located in the heart of the Dublin Docklands in a connected, state-of-the-art workspace designed for creativity, collaboration and fun.
We’re looking for a Lightweight Architect to join our growing organisation. Operating across all stages of the innovation spectrum, with a remit to build the future in real-time. The working environment will be open and interactive facilitating collaboration with colleagues, clients and ecosystem partners. Our experimentation culture, combined with a disruptive brief will ensure that together we make major societal impacts.
Are you ready to join top innovators making a global impact?
What are we looking for?
Highly collaborative, open and talent, creative and energetic technology architects with a strong interest in new and emerging technologies. You have broad skills and experience with many software and infrastructure products, technologies and services and you are capable of shaping and delivering innovative technology solutions of heterogeneous components in an Agile, full of challenges environment.
Agile professionals define an adaptive model based on greater collaboration and communication between teams; Agile is a cultural change that impacts people, processes and tools in different ways across the organisation; based on iterative, time boxed and incremental approach, where requirements and solutions evolve through collaboration between self-organizing and cross-functional teams. Agile promotes adaptive planning, evolutionary development and delivery and encourages a rapid and flexible response to change.
What you’ll be doing
We are looking for a Lightweight Architect with proven experience in designing solutions across the Full Stack of Modern Web Technologies. Responsibilities will include:
- Act as the architecture quality keeper for solutions designed and built by different teams;
- Review the detailed architecture for how components work with each other in given solutions;
- Review the Technical Design of complex components and features
- Architecting reusable components and services
- Help project teams in ensuring performance, scalability and maintainability of code produced
- Help the centre’s adherence to relevant Good Design Patterns and Principles
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Ability to switch between different project teams