Job Title: Lead Legal Counsel – Industry X | Industrial Digital Transformation (APAC)
Location: APAC, ideally Australia, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, or Japan
Career Level: Senior Manager (L6)
Workforce: Corporate Functions/Legal/Global Services Legal
Global Services Legal
The Global Services Legal team is a strategic business partner and product counsel for Accenture’s four Service lines, e.g. Strategy & Consulting, Interactive, Operations and Technology. Global Services Legal is looking for a senior-level attorney to join the Industry X Legal team in the role of lead counsel to the Industry X business in the Asia-Pacific region.
Industry X is a key part of Accenture’s Strategy & Consulting Service; its mission is to help Accenture’s clients use advanced technologies to reinvent products and services from design and engineering to manufacturing and support, accelerating operational efficiency and enterprise-wide growth. Click here for more information on Industry X.
Reporting to the Industry X Global Legal Lead, you will act as a trusted advisor to senior Industry X leadership, and collaborate with senior stakeholders across Legal and other Corporate Functions to:
- Provide input into and shape strategic decisions that impact Industry X, with an emphasis on support to the Industry X business in the Asia-Pacific region;
- Assess new Industry X product and service offerings and guide them to market in a legally compliant manner with appropriate risk mitigations (contractual, operational, technical);
- Develop guidance and templates for Industry X offerings to enable Accenture’s Sales & Delivery Legal team to efficiently handle day-to-day contracting;
- Team with Accenture’s regulatory and compliance counsel to synthesize and apply regulatory and compliance advice, including anticipating the impact of regulatory changes on the Industry X business;
- Play a key role in escalations and, in collaboration with Enterprise Risk Management, continuously improve Industry X’s overall governance and risk management;
- Work with stakeholders across Corporate Functions to evolve Accenture policies and procedures to accommodate the requirements of the Industry X business;
- Enable new third-party strategic alliances and partnerships, including capability sourcing via partner/vendor and resale/agency transactions;
- Help evaluate prospective acquisition targets on behalf of the Industry X business, conduct due diligence, and shape post-merger integration strategies; and
- Participate in initiatives related to cutting edge, cross-industry topics that address technology, ethics, human rights, legal and societal issues.
- JD degree or equivalent degree or legal qualification.
- Admitted to the bar (or local equivalent) and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law.
- 8+ years’ legal experience, with a preference for prior experience advising on the development of new product and service offerings (including ‘as-a-Service’ offerings).
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Candidates will be:
- Pragmatic and practical in their approach to advising and delivering legal support;
- Emotionally intelligent and able to influence internal stakeholders, external clients and suppliers;
- Adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity;
- A good communicator and well organized;
- Flexible to work global hours where necessary; and
- Highly proficient at speaking and drafting in English.
- Candidates should have demonstrated interest in, industry awareness or prior experience with key industrial digital transformation technologies, such as digital manufacturing, digital twins, Internet of Things/edge computing, cloud computing, embedded systems, and artificial intelligence, and their application in the automotive, aerospace & defense, energy, industrial equipment and/or consumer goods industries.
- Candidates should ideally also have experience with:
- Risk identification, analysis, and management relating to hardware and software product design, development and engineering (and, for hardware, manufacturing) and operational technology, as distinct from information technology consulting;
- Product liability in both business-to-business and business-to-consumer contexts; and
- Applicable regulatory landscapes and their effect on product and service qualification, development & launch (e.g., for hardware, embedded systems, and/or software).
- Drafting and negotiation of client and supplier agreements, including understanding of intellectual property, data privacy and data protection issues;
- Deal shaping and evaluation of innovative commercial models for new product and service offerings; and
- Developing trusted relationships with senior Business leaders.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
USA GA - Atlanta
Contract Associate Manager
Legal & Commercial Services
USA IL - Chicago
Global Enterprise Function Legal Lead for Talent and Organization Human Potential
Legal & Commercial Services
Services Counsel – Applied Intelligence
Legal & Commercial Services
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.