As a member of the Global Legal Network, this role will provide key support to the Song Legal Team in Accenture Global Services Legal focusing on Strategy, Marketing, eCommerce, Metaverse and Sustainability.
Accenture is an equal opportunity employer. We have an unwavering commitment to equality for all. Together, we are acting, we are leading, and we will drive change across the globe. Accenture goes to market through its five Service lines (Strategy & Consulting, Song, Technology, Operations and Industry X), its market units and industry-focused networks.
Accenture Song (formerly known as Accenture Interactive) is the rebranded Service line that includes Accenture’s agency network, which was named the world’s largest digital network on the AdAge Agency Report 2022. Accenture Song’s ambition is to be the go-to-destination for any business that has goals for sustained growth and customer relevance – from Fortune 50s to start-ups. Accenture Song brings to life the unlimited potential of imagination, technology, and intelligence and delivers growth through relevance.
Global Legal Network (GLN) is a group of legal professionals operating globally from 10 countries. It provides a broad spectrum of differentiated services - focused on delivering value and innovation. We partner with Legal teams across Accenture to build efficiencies and centres of excellence related to Legal services; and through our size, geographic spread and language diversity, the Global Legal Network is able to drive quality, agility and speed in our services, aligned to Accenture’s relentless focus on maximum efficiency and operational effectiveness.
Global Services Legal (GSL) is a group of legal professionals supporting the five Accenture Service lines --Strategy & Consulting, Song, Technology, Operations and Industry X --and the strategic growth initiatives areas of Metaverse and Sustainability.
Accenture Song Legal – is the team of legal professionals supporting the Accenture Song business with initiatives and projects (including Metaverse and Sustainability) within the scope of offering support and solutions, regulatory compliance, ventures and acquisitions (V&As), post-merger integration (PMI), strategic alliances and SME support to Sales & Delivery.
- Understand Global Services Legal area needs and priorities, strategy, objectives, and opportunities
- Good understanding of relevant company policies
- Enhance subject-matter expertise in the concerned support area
- Act as a POC and escalation point for the support area
- Understand, suggest, and encourage process improvements in the support area
- Conduct research and summarize findings in the support area
- Collaborate with tech teams in development of new tool or enhancement of existing ones
- Create checklists and other process documents
- Represent GLN; directly liaison with internal stakeholders on various issues
- Supervise the management of SharePoint, Legal Connection and communication records
- Identify and drive trainings for the team for upskilling and professional development
- Support implementation of new initiatives in Global Services Legal support area or within Legal/GLN
- Build credible and effective relationships with onshore counsels and within GLN team
- Effectively manage any direct reports and any assigned team members, quick conflict resolution
- Provide coaching and mentoring to junior members of the team
- Provide individuals with positive and developmental feedback
- Proactively try to ‘give back’ to GLN/Legal.
Specific Responsibilities aligned to Role
As key support resources to the GSL team, Song GLN resources partner with Legal teams across Accenture to align areas of work and drive efficiencies to ensure the best delivery of Legal services to our business clients. GLN resources may be asked to provide support the following areas and over time will develop their skills to work on such projects independently:
- Offerings & Solutions: Shape Song offerings and solutions by conducting assessments and providing recommendations and tools that mitigate risks while enabling desired outcomes for the business;
- Business Risk: Provide risk assessments and recommendations to Song, including on implementation of risk management practices. Helping to shape commercial models to manage legal and commercial risk;
- Regulatory Compliance: Providing regulatory compliance reviews & advice to applicable geographies, including future-looking projections of any anticipated regulatory changes with potential impact on the Song business and on the strategic growth initiatives areas of Metaverse and Sustainability;
- Client Opportunity: Enable Accenture’s Sales & Delivery legal team to efficiently handle day-to-day contracting on Song Offerings. Providing contracting tools such as guidance and templates to Song and legal teams. Supporting relevant Song approvals and escalations;
- V&A: Support Accenture’s V&As legal team and business leadership in the evaluation of prospective acquisition targets, development of PMI strategy and divestiture activity;
- Strategic Alliance & Partnerships: Shape new strategic alliances and partnerships, including capability sourcing via vendor and resale/agency transactions;
- Responsible Business: Work with other teams and participating in initiatives to create frameworks related to cutting edge, cross-industry topics that address technology, ethics, human rights, legal and societal issues;
- Business Operations Projects: Provide legal support to business-owned enterprise initiatives/programs, including adjusting Accenture policies and procedures to accommodate requirements of Song, and;
- Other type of responsibilities include: (a) providing legal advice to Song business teams and to deal facing professionals, (b) independently drafting, analyzing, reviewing and/or negotiating low to high complexity agreements and documents including production agreements, license agreements, media vendor terms, NDAs, Influencer, Creative Agency Master Agreements and related documents, marketing materials, sponsorship agreements, etc. (c) performing legal research of laws and regulations or technical aspects applicable to assigned requests, (d) assisting with contract benchmarking, (e) delivering trainings, and (f) leading specific ad-hoc projects, planning strategy, coordinating team members and aligning with other areas.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduates Law degree (JD) or equivalent/similar
- 2-5 years of experience at law firm or as in-house counsel and/or in legal outsourcing
- Occasional travel may be required
- Fluency in English (and other language(s), depending on geography supported) with strong oral and written communication skills.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Experience in agreement drafting, review and negotiation, identifying risks and proposing solutions.
- Understanding of intellectual property concepts (trademark, copyright, right of publicity, patent), and experience in content review and clearances.
- Understanding of software and technology licensing, cloud as-a-service solutions, and e-commerce implementations.
- Understanding of laws and regulations around marketing, advertising, social media, paid-media, production, licensing, and the interplay with consumer experiences.
- Familiarity with and/or interest in Web3, Blockchain, Metaverse, VR, and the interplay with consumer entertainment, marketing, and gaming industries.
- Familiarity with and/or understanding of and interest in corporate sustainability reviews and initiatives such as environmental, product innovation, inclusion/diversity, supply chain and responsibility.
- Familiarity of data privacy regulations and use of data in advertising, marketing, analytics, commerce, innovation, communications, etc.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate autonomy, take ownership, and drive tasks to closure
- Demonstrate promptness, accuracy and consistency with the activities supported
- Detail-oriented, sound judgement, and flexible
- Strong time management, prioritization, organizational, and analytical skills
- Able to work with internal and external teams, and understands delivery requirements
- Able to independently lead projects and teams on function specific processes
- Good understanding of commercial agreements, legal and compliance principles
- Good understanding of corporate business practices and contracting regulations
- Comfortable with technology and has experience in the use of tools & databases
- Ability to work under pressure, with exposure to senior leadership
- Effectively manage priorities and stakeholder expectations
- Build trust-based relationships by delivering on commitments.
- Open to work with and understand cross-cultures and locations throughout Accenture global organization, most notably Contracting, Resale Legal, Finance/Controllership, Tax and other applicable GSL sectors.
- Understand the value of diversity and recognize the strengths that different styles, innovative perspectives and experiences bring to Accenture.
- Demonstrate inclusion and respect for all individuals regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, age, disability, culture, social status and/or sexuality
- Leader as well as team player, collaborative and persuasive; able to work well with executives and non-executives.
RELATIONSHIP AND REPORTING:
- Team members providing services on a process/project or account/portfolio of accounts
- Accenture Contracting and CORE legal counsels, client commercial, procurement, contract management, business executives, vendors, and corporate function.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Czech Republic Prague
Strategic Growth Init Counsel Strategy and Consulting Specialist
Legal & Commercial Services
Posted 1 day ago
Czech Republic Prague
Offerings & Services Regulatory Compliance Senior Manager for internet and telecommunications
Legal & Commercial Services
Posted 12 days ago
Czech Republic Prague
Geo CC Entity Matters Manager
Legal & Commercial Services
Posted 22 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.