Accenture is seeking a strong thought leader with deep category expertise for the role of Procurement Category Advisor within the Technology Procurement Category Advisory practice. This position is focused on sourcing and category knowledge in the one or more of the following technology categories:
Cloud: including public cloud offerings such as AWS, Google, and Azure
Infrastructure: including servers, end-user computing, print services, storage, and security, Infrastructure-as-a-Service
Telecom: including unified systems (WebEx, Skype, etc.), LAN/WAN technologies, mobility, wireline, and software-defined networking
Software: including SaaS, ELAs with major vendors, maintenance renewals, security, and Platform-as-a-Service
Services: managed services, devops, strategic consulting services, cloud managed services, application and infrastructure services, contact centers, requirements development
As a Procurement Category Advisor, you will harvest market intelligence content in the key categories; infuse category insights and strategies into opportunity assessments, sourcing projects, and sales pursuits; and coach and guide sourcing project managers with strategic oversight on projects within respective areas.
- Develop and maintain category-specific knowledge assets and market intelligence that capture expertise / best practices in order to deliver consulting, advisory and project execution to clients
- Provide strategic sourcing oversight and category knowledge in support of the Sourcing Project Management function on projects within categories of expertise
- Infuse market insights into the sourcing process on projects within categories of expertise
- In collaboration with Sourcing Project Management and/or Procurement Practice Advisory, engage with customers’ senior management team members to provide perspective on current market trends to inform client strategic decisions/sourcing initiatives in line with business goals and objectives
- Leverage category expertise to support new sales and drive significant client business value
- Establish, grow, and leverage network of suppliers, industry practitioners, and procurement professionals within categories of expertise
- Work collaboratively with suppliers and customer stakeholders to identify total value (cost, innovation, TCO, etc.) strategies
- Provide educational and learning opportunities to internal colleagues and external clients (e.g. webinars, thought leadership articles) on industry trends, supplier landscape changes, and market intel within categories of expertise
- Coach and develop sourcing project managers in their professional development and pursuit of building category knowledge within area of expertise
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Minimum of 7 years of technology sourcing/ technology consulting/or related experience
· Cloud: including public cloud offerings such as AWS, Google, and Azure
· Infrastructure: including servers, end-user computing, print services, storage, and security, Infrastructure-as-a-Service
· Telecom: including unified systems (WebEx, Skype, etc.), LAN/WAN technologies, mobility, wireline, and software-defined networking
· Software: including SaaS, ELAs with major vendors, maintenance renewals, security, and Platform-as-a-Service
· Services: managed services, devops, strategic consulting services, cloud managed services, application and infrastructure services, contact centers, requirements development
· English – full proficiency , any of the following languages is a plus – Italian, German or French
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
· This position requires travel of approximately 20-30% to multiple customer locations
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Finance and Accounting - Business Advisor
Posted 2 days ago
USA GA - Atlanta
Sourcing Execution Sr Analyst / Analyst, Energy
Posted 5 days ago
USA TX - Dallas
Business Advisor - Intelligent Customer Operations
Posted 8 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.