The primary objectives of the Virtualization and Networking Security Architect / Engineer
• Perform design, deployment and maintenance tasks of the production environment used for client-delivery of cyber security services
• Ability to quickly explore, examine, and understand complex problems and how they relate to the team needs
• Document design and implementation steps performed and contribute significantly to the overall team well-being improving operational effectiveness and reliability of the production environment
• Provide operating system, networking, virtualization hardening recommendations and implement them
• Knowledge of command-line and scripting languages (Bash, Powershell, vSphere CLI)
• Knowledge of x86 architectures
• Knowledge of operating systems architectures, configuration and security implications (Windows and Unix-based)
• In-depth knowledge of VMWare
• Knowledge of computer hardware, networking hardware, datacenter hardware and virtualization concepts
• Analytical, problem solving skills (troubleshooting) and personal drive to deliver long term projects from initial paper-based requirements to final deployment and maintenance
• Pedantic approach to configuration, documentation, upgrade (patch management / change management mindset)
• Communication skills (ability to give technical demonstrations and convince others for a good cause)
• Ability to perform datacenter upgrades and network design changes requiring detailed and careful transition planning
• Personal interest in security
• Precision and attention to detail, willingness to learn
Nice to have skills:
• Programming basics (Perl / Python)
• Certification around any platform mentioned (Microsoft Windows, Unix-based systems, VMWare, Cisco)
• Experience with monitoring solutions and IDS/IPS/HIDS/HIPS solutions including deployment and configuration and hardening
• Experience working in a large enterprise and with a geographically spread team
• B1 driving license
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
Accenture Flex - Functional Tester -Norfolk, VA
USA VA - Arlington
Federal - Digital Transformation Consultant ++
Accenture DayNine - Workday Certified Integrations/BIRT Associate Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.