As an Accessibility Tester at Accenture, this professional should have a strong background in a technology field, such as Computer Science or Web Development, and is responsible for certifying that all project deliverables meet quality goals. This resource will be the subject matter expert on WCAG compliance and accessibility validation.
On collaborating with the Engineering team, defining and executing on a testing strategy using assistive technologies as well as providing feedback back to the team. This resource will ensure that all discoveries reported to the team are addressed and fixed accordingly to agreed on accessibility standards.
Beyond testing, the accessibility tester will be tasked with building awareness around accessibility issues and most common problems.
- Ensures that development processes are followed.
- Looks for improvement opportunities.
- Creation of test plans and test cases to verify and validate project requirements.
- Integrated testing across browsers and environments (development, testing and production).
- Estimation and scheduling of testing efforts.
- Creation of automated reusable testing assets that meets industry standards.
- Perform complete validation testing on a Web application, focusing on WCAG 2.1 accessibility guidelines.
- Use Assistive Technologies, such as screen reader software (NVDA, JAWS), and Accessibility test tools.
- Document identified issues and recommended potential solutions and best practices for remediation of accessibility violations.
- Identify, prioritize, and log bugs
- Communicate status of bug activity and ensure ETAs are met on/before time
- Must be able to perform work effectively in an agile environment and handle multiple test tasks and demands simultaneously.
- Accuracy, reliability, and excellent attention to detail
- Must be flexible and adaptable, with the ability to transition between various responsibilities, both technical and non-technical.
- Perform other duties as required, including making screenshots of the testing pages and giving code snippets of issues found when applicable.
- Reporting / Documentation - deliver results of accessibility audits and tests as well as participate in follow-up communication with clients
- Remediation - utilize development and technical skills to go into code and documents in order to resolve accessibility barriers.
- Work with internal development teams to create and maintain accessible content on company websites.
- 5+ years performing test case management, working with developer teams, logging bugs in JIRA, Asana or similar tools.
- Knowledge of IT process improvement and various Quality Assurance standards.
- Good understanding of cross browser/cross platforms compatibilities.
- Excellent English communication skills
- Experience running manual and/or automated tests.
- Experience analyzing business requirements and performing different types of testing: functional, non-functional, end-to-end testing, GUI testing, usability and/or accessibility testing.
- Experience testing in different environments including web, mobile and responsive sites.
- Experience writing bug reports and providing objective feedback to software developers.
- Ability to communicate findings to technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Has working knowledge of the WCAG and requirements to get a web page to an A or AA level of compliance with the WCAG 2.1
- Experience with accessibility audit and quality assurance tools and processes
- Proficiency with Assistive Technologies such as NVDA, JAWS, or similar screen readers.
- Experience in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) methodologies to ensure digital product adheres to QA strategies and conformance levels (WCAG 2.0, 2.1 level AA) within technical projects.
- Create, document and manage test plans, test cases and scripts across multiple projects.
- Creates and maintains testing scripts, standards, guidelines and playbooks for accessibility testing and development best-practices.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.