We are looking for a highly-driven and self-motivated tax associate manager to assist in our CIT and WHT tax management. Based in Shanghai and reporting to the Tax Lead of Great China Controllership. You will be the one of the key members on all China tax matters and deeply involved in the cooperation with Global tax, Controllership, and Finance leaders to anticipate and identify tax issues, recommend solutions, research and solve problems. This position will be a key contributor in efforts to improve and create processes that ensure the accuracy and completeness of all tax positions in China.
The ideal candidate should possess strong knowledge in all China tax areas as well as excellent business judgment and communication skills, a proven track record of building relationships and delivering strategic value to the company, and has the ability to influence strategic thinking and business decisions.
Your role includes some or all of the following key responsibilities. You should review these in conjunction with career level guidelines to gain a clear understanding of the expectations for your role.
- Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to identify and resolve direct and indirect tax issues in China, build and strengthen relationships, and tackle all China tax issues for the business
- Work with finance and global tax to implement and improve end-to-end tax process and procedures to mitigate risks
- Provide day-to-day operational guidance to country controllership team and timely address cross-functional inquiries
- Annual CIT return quality
- Inter company transactions, contract registration and tax withholding on cross border payment
- Tax accounting and US reporting requirement
- Post deal tax management for V&A companies
- Manage tax audits together with global tax and interactions with tax authorities
- Keep good relationship and regular communication with local tax authorities
- Monitor tax related legislative and regulatory developments that may affect the company
- Manage work of external advisors to ensure the timely deliverables with high quality
- Experience in managing complex project with multiple stakeholders and teams and conduct effective communications and alignment
Requirement & competence
- 5+ years of working experience in tax in Big 4 accounting firms or MNCs. In-house experience in similar industry/company is a plus.
- Demonstration of proper finance and accounting skills outside of taxation
- Excellent knowledge of Chinese tax laws and regulations
- Good communication skills with tax authority
- Experience in managing complex project with multiple stakeholders
- Initiative, smart and fast response
- Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently
- Good English communication skills
- CPA/CTA is highly preferred
Career Level Expectations
Below are the expectations for all employees in this role. Please note that additional criteria may apply in some countries. If your home country appears in the "Country Specific Information" link at right, please click the country name to view the applicable expectations for this role.
Degree of difficulty of an assignment or the level of problem-solving assessment and resolution required, as indicated by degree of problem-solving, strategic vs. routine focus, and stakeholder interactions (e.g., Executives, Supervisor, etc.)
- Requires identifying and assessing complex problems for area of responsibility. Creates solutions in situations in which analysis requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Requires adherence to strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near-term goals.
- Interaction is with senior management at a client and/or within Accenture, involving matters that may require acceptance of an alternate approach.
Power to influence or complete assignments independently and ability to make decisions, as indicated by latitude to devise work products or plans, reliance on instruction and decision-making ability
- Some latitude in decision-making. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
Impact or Decision Impact
Risk or consequences in the event of failure, as indicated by range of expected impact, such as within a team or across a team or area of responsibility and level of risk
- Decisions have a major day to day impact on area of responsibility.
Degree of accountability for assigned tasks, our clients and/or the organization, as indicated by size of work effort and scale of entity and/or program
- Manages large - medium sized teams and/or work efforts at a client or within Accenture.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.