We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated tax specialist to manage the tax compliance quality of Accenture China. Based in Shanghai head office and direct reporting to the Great China Tax Lead of Controllership.
The ideal candidate should possess good tax knowledge and comprehensive experiences in major tax areas as well as well communication skills with both external (tax authority) and internal counter parties (finance and business colleagues).
Your role includes some or all of the following key responsibilities. You should review these in conjunction with career level guidelines to gain a clear understanding of the expectations for your role.
- Prepare/review various tax calculation and posting
- Prepare tax return and ensure the timely tax filing and settlement
- Monitor the billing & VAT invoice process as well as input VAT verification
- Contract registration and tax filing for non-trade cross-border payments
- Assist in regular review and reconciliation of tax related accounts
- Daily communication with in-charge tax officials for all tax related matters including regular tax query/inspection
- Assist in ad hoc projects regarding process improvement, business development and tax planning
- Annual CIT filing
· Monitor tax related legislative and regulatory developments by local government that may affect the company
- Other supporting activities from tax point of view to finance and non-finance functions
Requirement & competence
- 5 years± of working experience in tax, with hands-on experience of VAT, invoice and Corporate Income Tax
- Experience in big MNC / similar industry is preferred
- Pure professional firm experience is also acceptable
- Good knowledge of Chinese tax laws and regulations
- Good communication skills with tax authority
- Experience in managing complex project with multiple stakeholders
· Initiative, smart and fast response
- Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently
- Well English communication skills
- CPA/CTA is preferred
Career Level Expectations
Below are the expectations for all employees in this role. Please note that additional criteria may apply in some countries. If your home country appears in the "Country Specific Information" link at right, please click the country name to view the applicable expectations for this role.
Degree of difficulty of an assignment or the level of problem-solving assessment and resolution required, as indicated by degree of problem-solving, strategic vs. routine focus, and stakeholder interactions (e.g., Executives, Supervisor, etc.)
- Requires analysis and solving of moderately complex problems. May create new solutions, leveraging and, where needed, adapting existing methods and procedures.
- Requires understanding of the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
- Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor. May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture.
Power to influence or complete assignments independently and ability to make decisions, as indicated by latitude to devise work products or plans, reliance on instruction and decision-making ability
- Requires guidance when determining methods and procedures on new assignments
Impact or Decision Impact
Risk or consequences in the event of failure, as indicated by range of expected impact, such as within a team or across a team or area of responsibility and level of risk
- Decisions often impact the team in which they reside
Degree of accountability for assigned tasks, our clients and/or the organization, as indicated by size of work effort and scale of entity and/or program
· Manages small teams and/or work efforts at a client or within Accenture
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.