About ?What If!
Innovators who ask and answer the big what if, what now and what next questions that fuel innovation for growth. We use an experimentation-led approach to build growth futures (vision, products, services, brands, ventures) and create growth cultures (leadership, culture, capabilities) - hardwiring the organisation for future readiness. Our values are embedded in our DNA and inform all our decision making, not the least of which is recruitment.
Never stop asking ?What If!.
While role modelling our creative behaviours and values, Directors work to unlock new opportunities for ?What If! within the Accenture network and local market. Building relationships to sell larger, more connected projects, our Directors are responsible for driving client agendas – spotting and unlocking opportunities whilst maintaining high level strategic output.
They are passionate about cracking innovation problems which stem from real human problems, provoking clients to experiment to de-risk growth.
Directors work to build the team, recruiting and nurturing talent, as well as working to collaborate on projects to create a deeper pool of talent.
Inventing Director Skills:
Knowledge and IP
· Ability to sell a point of view, not just have one
· Happy, comfortable and successful working in an iterative way, without a heavy reliance on standard process
· Encourages project team to try new things (through their own actions)
· Ability to redirect and course correct a project as needed
· Generates new ideas, process and structures to help us grow
· Go beyond smart strategy documents to develop real-world solutions positioned for growth
· Great story teller – collects, creates and shares stories (own and ?!)
· Razor sharp insight intuition and quick discrimination of insight and ideas
· Ability to be an intellectual juggler and operate on multiple levels on a project and on the inventing team considering the past, the task at hand and incorporating their knowledge of organisation, people, politics, etc
· Experienced and confident in designing day plans, setting up and leading workshops, moderating consumers, using stimulus and managing the necessary quantity and quality of ideas.
· Motivates and inspires teams
· Helps develop the skills of the people around them (on project and beyond)
· Can make tough calls and have tough conversations with clients and ?!
· Attracts talent, works to recruit, on-board and develop them
· Ability to clearly see business opportunities and articulate them convincingly
· Is diplomatic but firm (embodies appropriate levels of bravery)
· Can manage their own energy and others and brings passion to their work
· Writes and owns the POV and approach for new business pitches and proposals
· Creates, leads and grows long lasting client relationships, overseeing the client portfolio, unlocking new opportunities and ensuring high quality output
· Owns day-today project needs and client management
· Manages senior clients plus any big issues throughout their projects
· Can scope and cost a project accurately and in the moment
· Understands and oversees revenue management
· Delivers against their set annual new business targets
· Ensures they and their teams are working profitably
Culture within Cultures
· Builds relationships to unlock new opportunities for ?What If! within Accenture
· Can collaborate with agencies/ teams in the wider Accenture network to build bigger, more connected projects
· Spots opportunities for project teams within Accenture
· Inventing Directors will have business experience in branding/marketing, strategic consulting, insight, and/or innovation experience as well as a track record for developing new products, services and solutions to business problems.
· Inventing Directors need to be idea generators comfortable working in an iterative way: they are constantly curious about the world and must be able to draw on their experience and also our own ?What If! tools and techniques to solve innovation challenges.
· Inventing Directors must have experience leading innovation initiatives, including expertise in design thinking, consumer insight and user experience in both corporate and consulting environments.
· Inventing Directors will have experience building client relationships across all levels, from being a trusted advisor and shaping C Suites agenda, to inspiring the whole team.
· Inventing Directors will have a proven track record of selling big projects/ large scale programmes through relationships in Fortune 500 companies.
· As natural leaders, our Inventing Directors must possess the demeanour, business maturity, intellect and integrity required to establish immediate credibility with key stakeholders within the company.
· ?What If!ers are united by 5 core values - Adventure, Impact, Passion, Love & Audacity and these come across in every project we produce as well as everyone we recruit.
?What If! is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
USA NY - New York
Life Sciences Consultant - Commercial Capabilities
Posted 2 days ago
USA IL - Chicago
Posted 2 days ago
Pharma R&D Management Consultant
Posted 2 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.