· Assist GBSN China RTR Team Lead in overseeing daily operations of Controllership RTR functional teams for delegated region service delivery, on-going operations, initiative projects, process/productivity improvements, and service management; to ensure successful achievement of business and financial goals of delegated Accenture branch. and in managing stakeholder’s expectation, satisfaction, and relationship
· Work closely with RTR GBO, RTR location teams and capability/delivery leaders in the event of global, regional, and/or local initiatives/projects, and in global RTR function transformation and upgrading exercises if any.
· As key owner and driver of team-wide operation excellence/initiative implementation, and continuous improvement events and projects, including but not limited to Innovation/analytical/Accenture FORM projects from initiation to completion within or crossing functional teams, for desired outcomes
· Act as Assistant Country Controller and Point of Contact for Operational Escalations, take Operational responsibility for Service Delivery where applicable, Helps the Controller navigate through Delivery Teams (GBSN/AO), Link the Controller with Delivery Teams with an E2E understanding, shares local understanding so the teams focus on the right items
· Collaboration and Partnering with Rest RTR and Controllership teams, Employee communication and counselling. Focusing on next generation talent retain and training.
· Planning and developing operational plans, managing execution, and measure results.
· Support and streamline processes, identify risks, and manage, eliminate risks, enhance compliance and control mechanism.
Finance and Accounting Leadership
· Participate and promote finance wide people initiatives and/or community event
· Represent GBSN China RTR team during marketing event or sharing session such like client showcase, service review meeting, capability development call etc.
· Design, set up and continuously improvement reporting system to meet team's operation and quality control objectives;
· Plan and manage ad hoc projects within the Controllership teams to address continuous improvement initiatives
· Advocate with compelling storytelling ability, collaborative capability with entire ecosystem and agile execution responsiveness.
- Stakeholders relationship maintenance and management, strong capability on effective communication with stakeholder and expectation management.
· People skills, coaching, counselling, motivating and communicating effectively with professional competence.
· Proactively involve in people management, such as recruiting, redeployment, cross-team/DTE transfer
- Involve in/lead Center and/or Controllership wide initiative project
Accounting Process Excellence
· Enhance accounting and technical knowledge of RTR team for delegated sub teams - building up center of excellence in accounting expertise by identifying and implementing training activities designed to foster and develop high performance
· Oversee processes from whole F&A perspective instead of purely RTR services rendering; closely monitor all processes to achieve volumes, standards and targets within metrics; ensure the compliance with procedures and policy by regularly conducting audits as appropriate to each process
· Initiate and supervise significant enhancements to processes/systems/tools, such as streamlining existing process; standardizing/simplifying practice of the same process cross countries by adopting best practice
· Provide support to RTR staff for critical issues particularly where key country contacts are involved. Support should include but not be limited to items including leadership and guidance on the appropriateness of responses and scope of investigations
- Assist RTR Leads in working with GBO on projects or initiatives, manage changes and new transactions and tools
- Review RTR team deliveries and ensure proper accounting treatment is applied according to Accenture policies and procedures.
- Sensitive on accounting standards updates, tax regulation changes, as well as accenture finance policy updates, and arrange timely interpretation and knowledge sharing with delegated RTR teams, to refresh team’s knowledge and understanding.
- Support Accounting matters such like V&A Controllership Accounting and work with country controllers to push forward compliance agenda.
- Work with V&A Centre of Excellence to ensure successful integration of acquired entities supported by GBSN China into Accenture standard practices
Key Responsibilities – General Accounting
· Responsible for the reconciliation and analysis of various balance sheet accounts
· Propose and pursue any necessary adjustments to account balances to ensure that they are compliant with Accenture policy and US GAAP
· Provide month-end pre-close analysis and commentary for account balance movement and totals
· Prepare quarterly analysis of select balance sheet accounts for use by Country Controller’s Group in evaluating the validity of the quarter end balances
· Develop a clear understanding of the business transactions and processes to aid reconciliation procedures and to provide value added advice to finance contact(s)
· Develop understanding of the internal systems and business transactions that impact accounts
· Prepare financial statements according to country statutory standards and requirements, cope with external auditors on FS preparations and filling, as well as presentations to leadership when necessary.
· Responsible for tax compliance processes including regular accruals, true ups, tax returned quires and reporting on VAT, WHT and different tax stream of each country.
· Manage other general accounting assignments such like fixed asset accounting, lease accounting, payroll accounting, bank accounting, V&A accounting.
· Execute Accenture internal controls and ensure all are under compliance requirements including statutory, SOX, policy etc.
· Others Country financials support related tasks such like cost rates support, cost analysis/controls etc.
· Lease accounting review, support, adjustment collaborating with lease COE team
· Support Accenture acquired entities affiliate accounting, controllership accounting, integration and liquidation.
Report to GBSN China Controllership RTR Team Lead
Must Have/Preferred Skillsets/Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree and above in Accounting or Finance
· Accountancy certifications preferable: ACCA, CIMA, CGA, AUCPA,CICPA or equivalent Country professional accounting body certification.
· At least 8 years’ financial close, reporting, analysis, and compliance work experience and with at least 2 years’ managerial experience in same/similar industry
· Strong mindset of finance thinking in respect of finance result driven, BOI/KPI/SLA metrics monitoring, financial analysis, forecasting, tax compliance, internal control, and corporate governance
· Sound business sense over consulting and business/process outsourcing industry and F&A compliance fundamentals including but not limited to U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Sarbanes-Oxley Act, CAS, IFRS and so on.
· Good sense of Process/Individual Productivity/Efficiency Improvement/Delivery Excellence/Operation Effectiveness/Initiatives methodologies
· Hands-on experience in transition coordination, supervision, and risk management
· Corporate finance, Controllers and tax backgrounds would be value added
· Strong organization, time, stakeholder, and project management skills, under pressure
· Ability to interact and collaborate effectively with various groups within the company
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office programs
· Strong SAP R/3 or similar systems skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills; be self-motivated and capable of working in a team environment
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.