Accenture Research uncovers trends and shapes data-driven insights through Thought Leadership and Research for Accenture and its clients. Accenture Research combines a deep understanding of Accenture’s clients’ industries with leading-edge research techniques to discover the most pressing issues facing organizations today.
Our growing team of 300 researchers and analysts develops thought-provoking research -- supported by proprietary data and partnerships with leading organizations that guides our innovations and allows us to transform theories and fresh ideas into real-world solutions for our clients.
Our team uses innovative business research techniques such as economic value modeling, analytics, crowd sourcing, expert networks, surveys, data visualization, and open research with Tier 1 academic and business partners.
Accenture Research powers hundreds of points of views published by Accenture every year, answers thousands of thought provoking questions from clients around the world, drives the insights that guides Accenture’s business strategy and handles Accenture’s exclusive network of data and sources covering all industries, countries, market trends and digital technologies. The team is part of Accenture’s Strategy Office.
Accenture Research on Accenture.com https://www.accenture.com/gb-en/innovation-architecture-accenture-research
You can access Accenture Research Blog here: https://www.accenture.com/us-en/Blogs/blogs-accenture-research
and follow us on https://twitter.com/AccentureRSRCH
About the Role
We are now seeking a research professional who can help us grow our consumer goods and retail research in China. Specifically,
- Develop insights and research reports across Thought Leadership and client research (such as in-depth company insights, Industry narrative decoding future trends)
- Communicate with stakeholders to understand research needs; manage project pipelines and resources.
- Scope, design and execute research projects; ensure quality deliverable and seamless communications
- Contribute to grow research in your responsible industry and collaborate with the broader Research team.
- Constantly apply the newest, most exciting advances in research, actively innovate, create and invent new ways to enhance research capabilities.
You will bring subject matter expertise in NEW RETAIL across consumer goods/retail or other consumer relevant industries to the team and will be responsible for creating research in your sector as part of the broader global research team.
You might also have the chance to work with other research program lead
to conduct research outside consumer and retail industries.
• A passion for technology/digital and how it is changing our world
• Brings the most exciting and relevant new research methods and technologies into the team
• Has an entrepreneurial approach
• Recognized as research expert in your field
• Publishes regularly through Accenture’s publication channels
• Has a strong internal and growing external network
• Able to build partnerships, forge links across teams and boundaries
• Research focused on Accenture business (“so what?”) with major impact
• Credible in presenting work and discussing issues with clients
• Credible in presenting work externally
• Shapes & manages complex research programs of work and manages related budget
• Partners with leadership-level stakeholders in business
• Credible with leadership and clients, both at global level in very different geographies and cultural contexts
• Foster an inclusive, diverse, innovative culture
• Collaborative working style
• Coach and mentor junior researchers on projects
We are looking for someone who has a comprehensive skill set:
· Track record in research with broad experience in applying the main research techniques, including: familiarity with key data sources, consumer survey/expertise interview, strategic frameworks, financial analysis and use of data science in strategic research.
· Strong analytical skills and a proven ability to make sense out of data
· Solid experience in the presentation of research deliverables to high level executives
· An understanding of the role of digital and technology in disrupting consume industries. Knowledge in digital technologies (Analytics, AI, VR/AR etc)) will be a plus to this role.
· Primary research skill such as consumer survey, expertise interview survey skill,
· Intellectual curiosity
· Exceptional people management and relationship-building skills
· Entrepreneurial attitude
· Strong communications skills (focus on actionable intelligence)
Reports to: Accenture Research Greater China Products Research Lead
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experienced Associate Manager or similar
- 5+ years research experience
- Global / large corporation or institution, research think tank or research startup
Location: Shanghai, China
Preferred start date: As soon as possible
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.