Controllership Cash & Credit Management Services (CCMS) provides financial transaction advices and accounting supports in some aspects of managing, coordinating and delivering of Client Billings, Receivable Management and Cash Application in accordance with US GAAP, local GAAP and Accenture Policy as well as Balance Sheet reconciliation, financial analysis, month/quarter/year end closing and reporting, and auditing supports. You will manage the high value collections process for Great China market by leading GC RM group and liaising with both clients and Accenture internal resources to expedite payment and resolve issues.
Key Responsibilities – Receivable Management
- Ensure all Service Level Agreements are met as per the contractual obligations.
- Responsible for reporting current overdue receivables position vs targets and analyzing root cause for variances and devising actions plans to improve position and the implementation of a weekly/monthly collection strategy.
- Manage large/complex accounts by collaboration with all related contacts including Finance contact(s) CPFL, CFM, PMO, CM and external clients to ensure invoices received, approved and negotiable payment date in accordance with payment terms.
- Supervise and coach CCMS RM analysts and assistants on tools and processes if applicable.
- Receive an open weekly invoice analysis report (WIAR) weekly, analyze WIAR and follow-up related contacts on overdue receivables to ensure collections in acceptable timeframe.
- Document all communication and information for overdue receivables in Collection Tool with updates and follow through to next steps as appropriate.
- Proactively manage the daily review of bank statement and remittance related work files in real time, advise cash application and notify related contacts once chased payments were collected successfully.
- Report on key reasons for nonpayment and recommend remedial actions.
- Resolve bottlenecks preventing payments e.g. client doesn’t provide any feedback on payments.
- Escalate disputes to client team if promise to pay dates cannot get, understand and implement resolution as appropriate.
- Build and maintain strong relationship with both client and Accenture client team to expedite payments and improve cash flows.
- Consistently manage to reach collection target, reduce and maintain a low level of Days Billing Outstanding (DBO) in accordance with negotiated payment terms.
- Develop a clear understanding of the business transactions and processes daily.
- Ensure all customer/ client queries are responded & resolved within the stipulated turnaround time.
- Participate in external and internal audits on an as needed basis to provide supporting documentation, knowledge about underlying processes, analysis, etc.
- Identify possible causes of issues or problems; Provide assistance and guidance / solutions when raising an issue in daily operations.
- Manage or execute Accenture Internal Control and ensure Compliance with related Accounting standards.
- Manage ad-hoc tasks based on stakeholders’ needs and leadership requirements.
- Reports to: AEE China Controllership Accounting Services CCMS Team Lead
Experience, Knowledge and Skill Required
- Degree (or equivalent) in Finance or Accounting.
- 5+ years relevant working experience in AR/GL or customer/business/project finance support field.
- Experienced in leading small working group.
- Strong customer driven focus and strong understanding of credit and collections concepts.
- Good knowledge in accounting and financial principles.
- Good English writing and oral communication skills.
- PC Skills (Advanced Excel, PPT, Word and Outlook); Strong knowledge of SAP or equivalent is preferred. VBA experience is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills, communication skills and client relationship maintaining skill is highly preferred.
- Strong Business Acumen and Industry Sense; Coaching; Initiative and Anticipation; Innovation; Issue Identification Analysis and Solving; Knowledge Sharing.
- Be proactive, agile, passionate, accountable.
- Ability to solve urgent matters, handle critical tasks within tight time constraints and work under pressure in flexible hours to meet monthly and quarterly deliverable deadlines and to provide extended-hour customer service support.
- Teamwork and Collaboration; Open mindset; Personal Credibility; willingness to change; mature mentality.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.