A hands-on transactional role supporting the complex deals within Accenture’s Greater China business across a broad range of industries, service types, emerging technologies and offerings.
The Legal team provides and manages all legal advice and support to Accenture. Legal prides itself on providing objective, focused, commercially relevant advice and solutions based on a deep understanding of the law and Accenture's business. The role is dynamic and demanding with opportunities to work on leading edge technology and service offerings. The Legal team works closely with each deal team to find ways to achieve our clients’ and our own objectives in a competitive environment whilst managing risk as well as compliance with contractual obligations, policies and obligations at law.
As a member of the Legal team, you are expected to be a steward for Accenture’s business and people, and an exemplar of Accenture’s core values.
As part of the Legal team you will lead the negotiations of and support a portfolio of complex deals across different industries and types of offering, with the following key responsibilities:
- Advise deal teams on shaping of the business opportunity within the transaction
- Work with finance, solution and commercial teams to identify and manage issues across the transaction and architect workable solutions
- Work with deal teams to develop effective negotiating strategies
- Form part of the negotiation team and lead the legal negotiations to conclude the contractual documents
- Manage the escalation process for key legal and commercial risks
- Prepare and provide briefings to legal and business approvers, and other stakeholders.
- Minimum 6-8 years post-qualifying experience
- Admitted to legal practice
- Deep experience in technology and/or relevant complex commercial transactions that demonstrates a high degree of transactional responsibility
- Previous experience in a law firm or in a fast-paced corporate legal group for an IT services vendor would be of assistance in performing this role
- Understanding of and experience in Government procurement would be a bonus
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Intellectual curiosity to continuously learn about new technologies and market trends and to leverage technology to unleash the potential of our people
- Ability to embrace change in a world of ambiguity to develop yourself and to be inspired to reach further in your achievements
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing services and offerings including identifying and managing new risks as they arise
- Resilient under high pressure; able to balance between moving a deal forward and maintaining objectivity about the soundness of the deal and compliance with Accenture principles and standards
- Demonstrated ability to lead the legal support for complex systems integration, outsourcing and technology transactions. Experience in digital, SaaS and cloud transactions would be a bonus.
- Demonstrated business/commercial acumen
- Architect and deliver usable solutions to structure client transactions to be most advantageous from a legal and business perspective
- Strong negotiation skills with a proven ability to lead contract negotiations and to deal directly with senior client counsel and negotiating teams
- Skilled in working and communicating with high impact across all levels of management
- Innovative mindset and not constrained by how things are typically done (“thinking outside the box”)
- Ability to oversee, counsel, guide, train and support other members of the legal team, and manage external legal support
- Ability to independently manage drafting, reviewing and negotiating transactional documents and correspondence on a range of transactions
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate as part of a broader and diverse team
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
USA NY - New York
SAP Natural Resources Senior Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 1 day ago
USA TX - Austin
Travel & Expenses Accounting New Associate
Business Process Specialization
Posted 1 day ago
USA PA - Philadelphia
Posted 1 day ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.