Provide post-Close client contracting support to acquired entities, including: act as central point of contact for all client contracting needs; identify contracting solutions and negotiate directly with the end client while collaborating closely with the acquired entity stakeholders; identify issues/risks and escalate as appropriate; participate in and adapt principles of the contracting strategy for the acquired entity; as appropriate, perform certain Legal Integration Lead (“LIL”) responsibilities in support of a liquid Legal/CM integration workforce; and act as a positive change agent in support of the acquired entities’ transition into Accenture.
· Lead CM integration activities in support of Accenture’s mergers, Acquisitions and Ventures strategy;
· Participate in development of strategy for integration support of Acquisitions from CM organization;
· Perform the following high-level integration activities:
o Portray positive change management traits in support of the integration activities and be a significant change agent particularly while the acquired entity is in the integration phase and remaining constructively helpful/supportive thereafter;
o Support new Accenture executives’ transition to Accenture’s way of contracting;
o Identify risks, propose and/or draft solutions and support compliance and risk mitigation activities and processes as part of the overall approved contracting strategy for the Acquisition;
o Coordinate the support for Acquisition clients that are also currently Accenture clients (“Shared Clients”) with the Accenture CM currently assigned to the client;
o Communicate to LAL and CM the Shared Clients of Accenture and the Acquisition;
o Identify and manage contracting policy compliance issues, such as No LBA, Records Management, Trade and Cross-border policy compliance;
o Manage/Coordinate daily workload assigned to Legal team members and project or business personnel assisting with acquisition Legal work activity;
o Provide knowledge transfer to and support Legal team members assigned to provide ongoing operational support;
o Assist and smoothly transition CM set up and mobilization activities once the integration phase is complete, as necessary; and
o Ensure all Acquisition activities are complete or develop transition plan to manage any remaining issues at end of Acquisition integration period;
· Be responsible for consultation and escalation to Regional CM Integration Lead (as appropriate) of issues which are not resolved satisfactorily in a timely manner or require additional support to resolve;
· Provide regular status updates of CM integration work activity to Regional CM Legal Integration Lead;
· Display proficient understanding of Accenture's major business areas (particularly, in the “New”) to communicate effectively with Business Sponsors and project managing directors and provide thoughtful and effective advice;
- Identify areas of personal development and seek to identify opportunities to enable development requirements to be fulfilled;
- Where required, effectively perform role as Career Counselor for 2 or more staff;
- Actively seek and assume responsibility for CM related activities in addition to project role (e.g. New Joiner Training, central initiatives etc.);
· Implement regional Legal integration continuous process improvement actions
· Support due diligence process as needed
· Reports to
Directly reports to Regional CM Integration Lead.
· Business Relationships
Global V&A Legal Integration Lead, Regional CM Integration Lead, Legal and Contract Management leadership, CDTS, Procurement and Business Sponsors.
- External Relationships
Interfaces with acquired entity leadership involved in Legal integration activities.
College degree required; contract management experience or Law degree preferred
- Membership in the International Association for Contract and Commercial Management (IACCM) or National Contract Management Association (NCIL) and professional certification are a plus
- Certification A Plus (i.e. CFCM, CCCM, CPCM) preferred
- Work Experience
Minimum 6 years in contract management/procurement/legal/finance field and applicable industry experience; minimum 4 years of contracting negotiation skills.
- Work Requirements
Travel as required
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
· Act as the primary contact between project deal team and/or business unit and Legal, ensuring that all acquisition Legal contracting matters are completed;
· Display proficient understanding of Accenture's major business areas, business operations, regulatory environment and potential delivery risks to communicate effectively with project managing directors and provide efficient advice;
· Display competent understanding of company's approval processes and ensure that all stakeholders are timely engaged and informed on the relevant process
· Ability to develop competent understanding of company's service offerings in context of PMI support areas and ensure compliance with applicable company policies and procedure;
· Highly skilled in delivering trainings, presentations and coordinating meetings;
· Display a very high level of responsiveness and follow through on commitments;
· Detail-oriented, organized and flexible;
· Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills;
· Proven ability to advise and interact with all levels of management (confidence & credibility);
· Consistently able to present complex subject matter in a clear and concise manner separating the real issue from the detail;
· Demonstrate ability to manage conflict effectively;
· Demonstrate Accenture's core values;
· Self-Awareness- listens to and accepts feedback - sees feedback as a positive opportunity for improvement and quickly implements improvement activity;
· Proven ability to influence and get agenda considered by project team;
· Subject matter expert in relevant scope of work;
· Remains composed in stressful situations and consistently performs role in a professional manner;
· Ability to work under high pressure, effectively manage priorities and stakeholder expectations;
· Display excellent analytical & mathematical skills to resolve complex issues;
· Volunteer for and successfully leads initiatives for process improvement;
· Prefer program/project management and post-award hands-on contract management experience;
· Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of general corporate business practices, government and commercial contracting regulations and principles, subcontracting practices, and accounting and finance principles;
· Demonstrate excellent organizational skills;
· Demonstrate sufficient experience with day-to-day management of complex projects; and
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word and strong Email communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.