Commercial Directors work with account leadership, client commercial leadership and the Accenture commercial team to:
· Deliver consistent, predictable results
· Meet or exceed Accenture's deal economics through rigorous adherence to commercial disciplines and processes
· Enforce disciplined and proficient management of the commercial aspects of Accenture's contracts to safeguard its revenues, profits and reputation.
Commercial Directors are expected to:
· As a key member of the account leadership team, serve as the primary commercial point-of-contact for account leadership and the client’s senior commercial leadership (e.g., client commercial lead, procurement or sourcing)
· Interact with senior management at Accenture, including OU Director of Operations, Director of Finance, CSG leadership and other finance leadership.
· Serve as the primary relationship interface for internal and external commercial management functions
· Oversee all commercial aspects of Accenture’s relationship with a client and subcontractors including commercial negotiations, escalations and resolution of other commercial issues
· Lead (build, integrate, and manage) the Accenture commercial team supporting an account team (finance/tax, contract management/legal, HR and commercial operations).
· Provide an analytical focus to enhance commercial performance
· Provide leadership and guidance to all business development activities at the client
· Ensure balanced decision making between sales, delivery and Accenture’s
commercial interests to deliver optimal results for both the client and Accenture.
· Establish a governance structure to facilitate proactive management of finance, operation and commercial issues.
· Supervise, develop, and mentor members of the account commercial team who are likely to be located in multiple locations around the world.
Commercial Directors are typically assigned to Diamond Clients, Capital Committee Deals
and SAC Deals
Typically Reports To
· Commercial Director - Area Lead
· SMD - Senior Client Account Director
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 8 years of client facing experience
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in the areas of commercial management: contracts, financial, resources, commercial operations and client relationship management
- Minimum of 6 years of leadership of a commercial entity, program or practice
- Ability to build strong rapport with client C-suite leadership and commercial counterparts based on established common goals and fact-based discussions - while also being principled in negotiations
- Ability to understand and prioritize the commercial issues, establish an overall commercial plan for the account, drive client-focused (both internal and external) behaviors - and ensure follow through and frequent communication with relevant stakeholders
- Clear understanding of the commercial levers of outsourcing and consulting contracts, and how to manage them over time to provide profitability/stability and help grow the account
- Familiarity with Accenture delivery methodologies, limitations, and service delivery capabilities
- Experienced in turning around troubled accounts
Professional Skills required:
- Strong people skills to effectively link the team's responsibilities to the objectives of the commercial team and account, create a challenging and rewarding work environment, and help commercial team members achieve their career aspirations
- Demonstrated ability to direct complex daily activities of multiple work streams, focused on issue resolution, while being an effective communicator/leader simultaneously across operating groups, growth platforms, an account, and the client
- Professional, confident, and strong leadership presence
- Given the account-wide breadth and depth of responsibilities, develop influence with the remainder of the account leadership team to affect account level strategy and decisions
- Business and Financial Acumen
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
USA TX - Austin
Medical Policy Support Associate Manager
Program, Project & Service Mgmt
USA NY - New York
Finance & Risk - Liquidity Risk Manager
Workday HCM Manager - Northeast Region
Business & Technology Integration
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.