Accenture Digital offers a comprehensive portfolio of business and technology services across digital marketing, mobility and analytics to help our clients unleash the power of digital to drive growth and create new sources of value. No other company offers the same blend of insight, assets and industry expertise to help companies become digital businesses.
Success in the digital age means achieving consumer relevance at scale. How do companies do this? By delivering the right experiences to the right consumers at the right times. Accenture Interactive, a unit within Accenture Digital, offers a full suite of digital marketing and technology services to help the world’s leading brands drive marketing performance by simultaneously increasing brand equity, operating efficiencies and ROI.
This role is primarily responsible for helping users understand how an application will work. To achieve this designers will need to be able to come up with creative solutions to problems that evaluate and assess the user, business, and technical goals and needs. They must be able to clearly communicate their solutions, usually in the form of models, wireframes, documentation, or prototypes.
Interaction Designers are expected to consider the project from a high level and how the recommended solution fits into an overall design objective, but they must also consider the fine details of user interaction components, labels, and flows to delight users and help them achieve their goals. Interaction designers should be comfortable understanding and communicating complex and connected interactions for a variety of platforms like mobile, web, and TV.
- Apply strategic thinking to deliver end-to-end user experience solutions with a focus on user needs and business goals directly responsible for delivering all aspects of design, from defining customer needs to delivering concepts and prototypes to UI specifications for development
- Work directly with clients and prospects to design end-to-end experiences using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of qualitative and quantitative research to uncover insights, learn about user behavior and verify design concepts
- Turn visions into concepts and translate those concepts into designs that illustrate simplicity despite system complexity. Utilize industry design standards and best practices to define and implement design criteria, design guidelines, and design specs
- Work closely with Project Lead and Project Manager to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and conduct user requirements analysis, task analysis, conceptual modeling, interaction design, and usability testing
- Produce user requirements specifications, personas, storyboards, scenarios, user flow diagrams, wireframes, design prototypes, and design specifications
- Work closely with development teams to manage the design process, drive decisions, track design issues and ensure that design specifications are implemented
- Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually