Position Description and Requirements:
The Cross Functional Reporting Solutions team has an excellent opportunity available for an Application Developer at the Senior Analyst level. This position will support Finance, Human Resources, Sales & Pricing and other business units by creating/automating reports that are used by the respective organizations.
The individual will work with existing Reporting Solutions team members and participate in the design, development and maintenance of reporting assigned to the team. In addition, the individual may spend up to 10% of their time on Operations activities such as performing data loads and producing reports.
The majority of the reports produced will utilize Microsoft Access and Excel and so the candidate is expected to have verifiable experience with developing automated solutions using MS Access and Excel VBA. Knowledge of SQL objects, how they relate to one another and be able to create complex SQL stored procedures using SSMS is a nice to have. In addition to SQL, the candidate needs to demonstrate experience with Microsoft Excel’s object model and Visual Basic for Applications.
This position also requires SAP Business Warehouse, SAP Broadcaster and SAP BEx understanding. This is a nice to have skill that can be learnt once in the job. The position will also be responsible for creating standard reports and make sure that they have the correct look and feel. Once of the important activities of this role is to be able to have a quick response to high priority business requirements. In order to do so, deep visualization skills in excel or other reporting software are a nice to have.
- Participate in the gathering of functional requirements
- Actively participate and contribute to technical design activities
- Create supporting documentation for applications
- Understand the firm’s reporting processes and the relationships between data, and become familiar with SAP R/3 transactions, Business Warehouse (BW) and Business Explorer (BeX)
- Prepare and execute test plans
- Maintain existing applications and perform enhancements as required
- Provide technical support and work with Users to resolve issues